What are some great christmas songs to play that people can sing along to and can also be played without a singer. I'm looking for arrangements like Kotaro Oshio's Last Christmas, although my skill level might not be up to that yet.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Vincent, you could try out Belleauwood by Garth Brooks. I know it sounds lame, and Garth Brooks is overrated but great song with any even better story.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Please come home for christmast by the eagles
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
While this might seem odd, why not just played traditional ones. Most everyone knows the words and they are fairly simple to play [and for the most part sound great too] !
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
maybe off topic, but there's a song by The Maine called "Santa Stole My Girlfriend." i can't stand anything else by The Maine, and you wouldn't exactly be able to get a big group to sing along since they wouldn't know the words, but it would be a great funny song to play live.

probably my favorite christmas song after Taking Back Sunday's version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" which is just them sitting at an open mic-type thing making fun of the song haha
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by dakotajoe
Vincent, you could try out Belleauwood by Garth Brooks. I know it sounds lame, and Garth Brooks is overrated but great song with any even better story.

Garth Brooks is NOT overrated.

Have you ever heard ANY of his songs???
Friends in Low Places?
The River?
The Dance?
Unanswered Prayer?
Burning Bridges?

Listen to all them and then tell me he's overrated.

BTW- Try to find someone to arrange Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues.
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
"Little Drummer Boy" is the only Christmas song I enjoy playing. It can be as simple or as challenging as you'd like to make it.

Although, if I had the time to learn "Walking in the Air," by Aled Jones, from "The Snowman," I definitely would.

Edit:

Quote by BoxerLadABC
BTW- Try to find someone to arrange Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues.

Ooooo good choice!
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Dec 4, 2009,
i'd just stick to traditional pieces. easy to play, familiar and everyone can join in and sing along
I love the traditional songs but I don't like playing them one string at a time, and it just doesn't sound good to me. But if anyone can find an arrangement for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, I'd love to play it live at my school's christmas concert.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
bump for christmas.

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent