Page 1 of 10
Not necessarily block your ears, but every time you hear something associated with a genre of music, your eyes tick.
You don't hate it to death, but you obviously don't like it.

I typically hate any metal heavier than Megadeth, but that's not it.
Like almost all of you, I dread stuff that Disney is lobbing out in the past few years, or even Fall Out Boy, but that's also not it.

For example, I have a small phobia for what people call "heartland rock".
Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, Tom Petty, Steve Miller, I somehow can't stand them at all.
Which is odd because I love Lynyrd Skynyrd, Neil Young, or Dylan, but those I just could not stand.
Maybe they're the "only American" genres, who knows.
I don't hate them, I just don't like the "Amerricccaaa!" patriotic vibe they have.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Pretty much genres that some 15yearold bitch made up that only applies to one band. A friend on mine recommended me a "pig sludgecore" band, and I wondered why this dude is my friend in the first place.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Grindcore, black metal, basically anything too heavy. Melodeath is cool though.

Also, non-musical genres I f*cking hate: rap and pretty much all pop.

EDIT: I like country rock. Just saying.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Dec 31, 2009,
One of my friends forced me to borrow "Freak On the Leash" by Korn...

I didn't like it
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
metal (hardest I will go is AC/DC)
anything with "core"
techno
rap
hip hop
pop
jonASS brothers.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
pop and rap mostly, a lot of the time -core. But I guess I can understand why someone would listen to it, though I don't get the whole bree bree thing, lyrics are much more interesting even if you can't understand them.
Quote by rocknroll93
metal (hardest I will go is AC/DC)
anything with "core"
techno
rap
hip hop
pop
jonASS brothers.

If the hardest thing you listen to is AC/DC and you can't listen to pop, then I'm sorry but your tastes are very limited...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Anything that sounds like dragonforce crap, but gets subdivided into 10000 different genres based on the gain that the guitar has. :|

Seriously, I never thought the day would come i'd say this, but **** metal. Most of metal, at least.
the kind of hip hop that assholes play on the street with their goddamn buzzing car subwoofers. oh, how i could just kill a man!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I truly dislike anything with screaming all the time. So like death metal etc I suppose.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Rap (except for anything from Psychopathic Records; I have friends who are Juggalos), Pop, Country

Those all make me wanna go slam a battleaxe into someone's unsuspecting head. I can & do listen to almost anything else. But I'm a music snob. If I don't think it's creative or technical enough (better yet if it's both), I'll tell you & I won't listen to it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Rap (except for anything from Psychopathic Records; I have friends who are Juggalos), Pop, Country

Those all make me wanna go slam a battleaxe into someone's unsuspecting head. I can & do listen to almost anything else. But I'm a music snob. If I don't think it's creative or technical enough (better yet if it's both), I'll tell you & I won't listen to it.

Dude, country guitar is pretty difficult stuff...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Lightweight, fluffy, happy-go-lucky indie music. I share my office with another co-worker, and everyday she turns on Pandora to her "Lightweight, fluffy, happy-go-lucky indie music station" while I sit there and haemorrhage.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by AlterEdge
I truly dislike anything with screaming all the time. So like death metal etc I suppose.

i like to compare screaming to salt. Salt, in small doses, is delicous. It even makes chocolate taste good. However, too much salt tastes disgusting.
The Stone Roses make me wince a lot...
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
(?)core music
screamo
pop punk/modern emo
most of rap

It's almost 2010, so where's the new decade of music? Are we still going to see crappy emo bands be forced across the TV screen?
rap i h8 it its not musik at all lololololol

Quote by Clay-man
It's almost 2010, so where's the new decade of music? Are we still going to see crappy emo bands be forced across the TV screen?

If you look only to your tv screen for the music than obviously you will not find it. There are plenty of amazing underground music coming out in all genres, from hip hop to extreme metal.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Nov 25, 2009,
any country i cant stand, i dont like rap either, but i could listen to it if i had to, and another thing is like jonas brothers and all that junk, its just bad
alternative, screamo, modern rock, rock, techno, punk, pop punk, HORROR PUNK!(misfits ftw!?) xD

Team Radke FTW!
i have to say Country music, I cant stand it at all. Second I guess would be Rap music, but I actually really really like some rap music, and just really really hate most of it.
i can't stand country, most to all rap and hip hop, and pop music. everything else is good in my books.
Quote by radomu
If the hardest thing you listen to is AC/DC and you can't listen to pop, then I'm sorry but your tastes are very limited...

yes my tastes are limited. I like classic rock and blues. although in blues there are alot of different sub genres.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
metal
anything with a core
anything disney(in recent years)
untalented pop bands(I can enjoy, or at least not completely dispise, pop if they're talented)

I like most everything though: blues, jazz, funk, all sorts of rock, reggae, ska, dub, trance, house, electro-house, psy-trance, breakbeat, dubstep, jam bands(hippie music), country(real country not kenny chesney..), bluegrass, folk, hip-hop, r&b and mo-town stax stuff, different world music, classical, baroque, and romantic music.
Quote by btones
screamo

ugh

It's so easy to criticise a genre one has never heard.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652987

More related to thread: I find it difficult to dismiss an entire genre as dislikeable. I'm not a fan of most country I've heard, but there are a couple of country acts (The Sadies) that I really enjoy. I don't like most hip-hop I've heard but there are plenty of underground hip-hop artists that I might enjoy, so it doesn't seem fair to just dismiss the entire genre. I have heard a couple of smaller hip-hop artists (K-OS isn't that small, and he's pretty damn good) that I enjoy. I make a point of avaoiding most metal, but there are several metal bands (especially in the ambient doom and sludge-metal subgenres) that I do listen to. And as easy as it may be to dismiss pop as a "non-musical genre", the word pop doesn't so much describe a genre as it indicates what is popular music, so a lot of bands that aren't really in the same musical category as Britney Spears and Beyonce are in fact pop.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by Keth
ITT: Closeminded people.

ITT: Keth has the best avatar.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by toyboxmonster
I don't like most hip-hop I've heard but there are plenty of underground hip-hop artists that I might enjoy, so it doesn't seem fair to just dismiss the entire genre.

The amount of people who have said that they hate all rap/hip-hop or don't think it's music in this thread is ridiculous - I'm sure you quite reasonbly hate mainstream gangster rap/watered down R&B-hip-pop and quite reasonably consider it derivitive, unchallenging music, but this is like saying you hate metal/don't consider it music because you think Evanesence (for example) are terrible.

KRS-One, The Problemaddicts, A Tribe Called Quest, Scroobius Pip, RJD2, DJ Shadow, Eric B & Rakim...I'd be surprised if you appreciated music and didn't like these sorts of hip-hop artists after having listened to them with an open mind and I'd flat-out reject any assertion that they're not making/have made music as (if not more) innovative, relevant and interesting as artists in other genres you might already like.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by rocknroll93
yes my tastes are limited. I like classic rock and blues. although in blues there are alot of different sub genres.

Oh come on, not even ABBA or Metallica?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by xSsj3xSasukex
You rap haters can suck one

I'm against people deny rap's status as music, but really you're being too much of a douche bag there. However you judge me, I listen to some rap, but people are entitled to hate whatever genre they want.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I hate anything new on the radio taylor swift, jonas brothers, miley cyrus, p'diddy,black eyed peas, rap and pop u get the point. It gets annoying when its played everyother song.
chocalate soda
Last edited by skittles45 at Nov 27, 2009,
You guys really need to listen to some actual good hip hop...
█████████████████████████
I hate pretty much anything on the radio right now. Way too many songs that I hate, I might as well just listen to my iPod. The only type of genre I hate is the weird "random word+random word+core=genre", or variants of it. For example: Jazz-Deathcore.

Bands that employ this are usually pretty horrible, and don't ever seem to sound anything like their chosen "genre" anyway. I'm pretty sure they just make up a genre to make themselves sound more unique.
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.