Well there's Epiphone Les Paul Custom and then Gibson Les Paul Studio, which is the new chambered model.
The chambered model, is it any good? I've heard a lot of different opinions on this guitar. Some say it amazing others tell it's not worth the money.
And the build quality on all these guitars. May i expect the guitar to fall apart in a few months? The frets wearing off in a year ?
What would you choose?
I've played with Epis and loved Custom, played a studio as well, but that was the older model.

Thank you
I'd get the Epiphone Custom.

If you want a Gibson dont go for the studio get the custom.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
the epi will probably sound better, as your not paying for the name as much as with the gibson
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
The Gibson LP Studio is a nice guitar but you need to try several out first Gibsons are hit or miss at best these days. I like Epi and for the money I think the Epi is well worth the price compared to a Gibson. I also think Gibsons are over priced. If you can play both guitars side by side and compare them for yourself.

I have played several Chambered Epis and Gibsons and compared to the solid body guitars in the same range they really didn't sound much different just a bit lighter.

John