My friend got a ME537 as a gift. since he dose'nt have the time to learn these days i borrowed it from him.

i like the feel of it. i have'nt tested it on an amp yet. but i really feel like it fits with me. i was planning on buying it.

question is... Should i? it's costs only $70.???
nah
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
Some First Act guitars are pretty good and they have a Custom Shop and showroom here in Boston and I drool every time I go in to the store but they do sell the whole line there some of the mid range First Acts are really good for the money.

The ME537 gets decent reviews especially for a guitar that cost around $70.00 new. Check Harmony Central for reviews. A lot of these First Acts have popped up on Craig's List and in the local shops in the last year so I have tried a lot of First Act guitars mainly so I can rag on them and just for fun but some really are nice. The ME537s I have tried were not bad at all and for $70.00 you can always toss in a better pup and some better pots. One of my local shops has a ME601 that I actually like a lot it plays well and sounds decent for a guitar that is about $70.00 new. First Act's Custom Shop guitars are amazing but pricey they had a custom painted on in a glass case I really wanted. Not only did it look killer it played like butter and had a tone I would compare to some of my favoritevintage Gibsons I have owned.

What really surprises me is some of the Artists that actually play First Act Guitars I have seen really playing them.

I guess when it comes down to it if you like it and it sounds good to you, it's only $70.00 you could actually resell it for $50.00 later. I do not let anyone tell me what guitar to buy or not to buy I make my decisions by how it feels,plays and sounds.

John
that's what i exactly was thinking. it's beginners guitar. i like the way my hand goes thourgh it. have'nt heard it yet, but saw some youtube vids and it's good. i guess once i get the amp, i'll make a right decision.

meanwhile others. what d'you think??
Its not a terrible guitar, not great either, but for $70 it seems decent. I would check everything before I buy it, if I were you. I once bought an Ibanez bass for $80 and the knobs were screwed in too close to the body, so whenever you adjusted the knobs, the bottoms were scraping into the body (when i took them off, they had worn the finish away in 3 different rings) when you adjusted them and it was plugged in you could hear it scraping the body, sounded a little like sandpaper. Another $90 Samick Guitar had un-bearable pickups, just my experiences with really cheap guitars. You should try it out extensively before making the purchase.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

If you already have a decent guitar, i wouldnt do it. Save up and get a really nice peice of equipment and use what you have now.
Owning one really nice guitar in the future > owning more than one decent guitar now.
Anything that gets you playing can't be too bad. If nothing else, you'll learn it's faults and that'll help you make a better decision on your next axe.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by johnro6659

What really surprises me is some of the Artists that actually play First Act Guitars I have seen really playing them.

John

Matt Pike plays them along with Brent Hinds and Bill Kheller. They are pretty big tone guys so i doubt theyd play them if they don't like them. i really would like to get a custom from them. similar to Pike's just different color. haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by johnro6659
Some First Act guitars are pretty good and they have a Custom Shop and showroom here in Boston and I drool every time I go in to the store but they do sell the whole line there some of the mid range First Acts are really good for the money.

The ME537 gets decent reviews especially for a guitar that cost around $70.00 new. Check Harmony Central for reviews. A lot of these First Acts have popped up on Craig's List and in the local shops in the last year so I have tried a lot of First Act guitars mainly so I can rag on them and just for fun but some really are nice. The ME537s I have tried were not bad at all and for $70.00 you can always toss in a better pup and some better pots. One of my local shops has a ME601 that I actually like a lot it plays well and sounds decent for a guitar that is about $70.00 new. First Act's Custom Shop guitars are amazing but pricey they had a custom painted on in a glass case I really wanted. Not only did it look killer it played like butter and had a tone I would compare to some of my favoritevintage Gibsons I have owned.

I guess when it comes down to it if you like it and it sounds good to you, it's only $70.00 you could actually resell it for $50.00 later. I do not let anyone tell me what guitar to buy or not to buy I make my decisions by how it feels,plays and sounds.

John

Go with this- he sums up everything rather nicely
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Wow, well, I guess I lucked out for once! I bought one of these for £25 (around $40) in my local ASDA (the UK subsidiary of Wal-Mart) - a "Manager's Special" as the normal price is £49.99 (a little under $80).

I have never played guitar at all and I was doubtful if anything at that price could possibly play well, but having read the reviews on Harmony Central and this thread, I'm no longer feeling like I wasted my money.

All I need to do now is learn how to tune it and play it properly... unfortunately that's going to be the difficult bit :-/

I know I should really have checked here first before buying, and I apologise to anyone who has spent similar money on a terrible guitar (after all, you could potentially feed 2 people for a week on the same money if you were very careful). OTOH it's not a huge amount to lose these days, I guess I should really feel sorry for people who spent 3 or 4 times as much for the same guitar. I'll shut up now before it sounds like I'm gloating (maybe too late for that already?)