But whatever, I want to know if I'm doing this correctly or not. In this trill it is 12 7 9 11, and it says to tap the 12 and the 11. So, is this correct I would want to tap the 12 like a hammer on then hammer on the 7 and then to the 9 with my fretting finger and then at the 11 tap I would tap and then pull off with my picking finger?
Last edited by braddey at Nov 25, 2009,
No, you tap the 12 like a hammer on, pull off to the 7, hammer the 9, then tap (or you could hammer) the 11. If I'm reading that correctly. When you say 'trill', do you mean those 4 notes are repeating?
tap 12, pulloff with picking finger to 7, hammer to 9, tap 11, repeat. hold your first finger on the 7th all throughout this
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Linqua: if the thing's repeating and he has to tap both 11 and 12 he would have to start tapping on 12 and up tapping on 11 and if he wants to tap again the 12 he would get the hammer off sound from the 9, if that's the pattern you would have to tap 11 and slide off to 12 and so on.
No, Its not repeating, its only played once then it moves onto a different one. It probably would be helpful if you knew the song so its from protest the hero-blood meat.
ok im sorry i didnt add the obvious phrase "alternate 11 and 12 tapping" nice triple post btw

EDIT: ok if its just once do what my original post said but dont repeat anything
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by GuideToGenocide
Linqua: if the thing's repeating and he has to tap both 11 and 12 he would have to start tapping on 12 and up tapping on 11 and if he wants to tap again the 12 he would get the hammer off sound from the 9, if that's the pattern you would have to tap 11 and slide off to 12 and so on.

Well, you dont necessarily have to tap with only one finger. I could for example tap 11 with my middle finger, and hammer on to 12 with my ring finger.

But I think that would be overcomplicating it in this case
Quote by chrisweyers
No, you tap the 12 like a hammer on, pull off to the 7, hammer the 9, then tap (or you could hammer) the 11. If I'm reading that correctly. When you say 'trill', do you mean those 4 notes are repeating?

If it's not repeating than this^