My girlfriend ordered me this Ovation for Christmas. We went to guitar center and I played about 3 dozen acoustics, and besides a 2000$ Gibson, this was the best playing and best sounding. I'll write up a full review when I get the guitar, but the Internet was seriously lacking on reviews on this specific guitar.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-OVA-1778TX5
Either you love Ovations or you hate them. 90% of the regulars here fall into the latter category. They sound good plugged in, but for me, that is about the extent of it. I want my guitar to be all wood (or possibly carbon fiber...).

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I have the 1868T, an older shallow bowl version of the 1778TX. Its a great guitar. If you want a full review, go to http://www.ovationfanclub.com They were just talking about it this week.

rb13,
It is funny, its either all wood or all CF. Try an Adams.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I've played several rainsong and another manufacturer that I can't think of right now for the carbon fiber guitars, and they sound pretty good...but my main reason for buying one would be the resilience in regards to climate and travel. It seems like a perfect road guitar, because is much more sturdy than a living and breathing wood instrument. But since I won't be going on tour any time soon....hahaha

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^ Speaking of carbon fibre... I just came back from the music store and tried a Composite Acoustic model GXi. I was pleasantly surprised. For fingerpicking, it had a lot of bite, although a little unbalanced. The bass was VERY boomy and kind of took over the mids and highs a bit. Too much booming bass for strumming though. Too imbalanced.

I also played a few Ovations while I was there, just to get another feel between the shallow and deep body guitars. I wasn't impressed. It just had a lot of sparkle and tinny sound too it. I also couldn't fret properly because I wasn't used to the neck, but that's a lot more about personal preference.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.