I'm a nineties child so my childhood memories are of cartoons like Captain Planet, Swat Kats, 2 Stupid Dogs, Ed Edd & Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Kablam, Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain, Cow & Chicken, I Am Weasel, Ren & Stimpy, Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. Those were GOOD cartoons. Not the crap they make now. I went back to the States during the summer and whatever they have on CN and the like just disgusts me.

Slowly as time went on, the amount of cartoons watched decreased to about only a few like Grim Adventures with Billy & Mandy or Invader Zim.Then they got cancelled, and now, the only true cartoon in my definition of the word is stuff like Spongebob.

I miss when cartoons were cartoons because they didn't HAVE to be perfectly coherent. There was no running story, each episode was unique and great. If there was a continuation between one or two shows it was SPECIAL. Now cartoons are to obsessed with being 'cool' and appealing to the 'tween' crowd.

Anyone know where to best watch old shows like this? Any one else got shows they miss?
Damn that brings back memories. Ed, Edd and Eddy practically raised me when I was young.
Also, in hindsight, Ren & Stimpy was horribly innappropriate for children...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
watch bommerang.

/thread
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

I find spongebob not even close to being funny but who didn't want a dog like courage????
Quote by maidenrulz19
watch bommerang.

/thread

Some of us aren't blessed with satellite TV. I only get standard cable.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Boomerang it's where Cartoon Network puts all their "old"stuff. They actually just premiered a new Ed Edd & Eddy movie on Cartoon Network the other day.

I really wish they would bring back some of the old stuff

Edit: Oh sorry to those who don't have satellite
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 25, 2009,
I bet all the 7 year olds will be saying the same thing in 10 years.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Well yeah I guess I forgot about people without satellite. But I don't even have so.

But they did just have that ed, edd and eddy marathon. Ah good times good times.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Rocko is sad about this.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
i miss ren and stimpy and thundercats!
does anyone remember 'The Toxic Crusaders' it was an off-shoot from the toxic avenger films and was really strange. i miss stuff like that, cartoons that are just odd and make no sense!
also anyone remember this:
Attachments:
rudedogandthebweebsxw4.jpg
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by kroket666
I find spongebob not even close to being funny but who didn't want a dog like courage????

I remember my family used to absolutely dispise courage. I loved it.

I have no idea what happened to these cartoons to be honest, but I kind of stopped caring once I hit 13 and haven't really looked back in the four years since. Ed, Edd and Eddy was badass though.
i would hazard a guess that none of those tv shows are as "good" as you think they are, it's just the nostalgia
signed,
your favorite poster
Why do you care about kid shows today? You're an adult now right? It's only nostalgia you're feeling. I bet if you watch whatever show you watched as a 7 yearold today you will find it incredibly lame and boring.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Transformers, Batman: The Animated Series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gargoyles, Biker Mice from Mars (the original, i hear it is remade), Street Sharks, GI Joe.

and the ones mentioned above.

RIP good cartoons.

PS. adult swim is still pretty damn amazing.
Quote by decimal
Transformers, Batman: The Animated Series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gargoyles, Biker Mice from Mars (the original, i hear it is remade), Street Sharks, GI Joe.

and the ones mentioned above.

RIP good cartoons.

PS. adult swim is still pretty damn amazing

+3 batrillion

I think adult swim needs their own channel. I can't bother waiting till like 3 AM every night just to watch Home Movies
i miss old spongebob... not the new obviously 'focus group influenced' episodes (like making the voice higher, focus more on story than humor... that kinda thing...)
I think you're forgetting someone...
...but I can't think who it is...
hmm...
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Finnepinne
Why do you care about kid shows today? You're an adult now right? It's only nostalgia you're feeling. I bet if you watch whatever show you watched as a 7 yearold today you will find it incredibly lame and boring.

Most of the ones mentioned here were already lame and boring to begin with.

Rocko was amazing, though. As were the first few episodes of Billy and Mandy, and of course Invader Zim.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
We had GOOD cartoons in our time. They were (almost always) great drawn and had a good storyline..

My little nephew watches cartoons all day long and its nothing but AAAAJAJAJABOOMMBOOBAABAABHHOAARR. In every cartoon you have like these stupid characters or monsters who scream or make weird noises all the time . There is no decent storyline. Its usually just about weird ugly fluffy fuzzy monsters or retarded kids with dogs..

What happened to all the good cartoons?
am I the only one that giggled when he mentioned "tween" in reference to animation?

Damn my dorky humour...
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I think a lot of the "good ol'" cartoons are still running on Norwegian CN, dubbed though. Even "Tom & Jerry" was there until a 2-3 years ago.

But I ain't watching cartoons of that kind anymore...Did it together with my lil' bro when he still did a few years ago.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 25, 2009,
You know, people older than you say the exact same thing about the cartoons you watch.
good stuff!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
90s TV rocked for kids, I feel sorry for little kids growing up today. They will never understand the awesomeness of Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, CatDog, etc. One of the ones I watched that isn't on is Rugrats. The new one where they're grown up is pretty gay.

EDIT: I never really understood Ed Edd and Eddy, I thought it was pretty stupid.
IMHO Nickelodeon had better kid shows than Cartoon Network.

Also, you can look back on really babyish shows, and they've gone down hill. Blues Clues with Steve was the best. Then Joe had to come and take it down hill. The only decent little kid show is Wonder Pets now.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Nov 25, 2009,
TS, you mentioned the cartoons that were crap. Bravo to the people who posted rocko and catdog pics. Rocko is actually my favorite cartoon of all time. A Wallaby, a steer, and a turtle. What the hell is not to like about it?
Angus = god
Quote by Run Erratic
i miss ren and stimpy and thundercats!
does anyone remember 'The Toxic Crusaders' it was an off-shoot from the toxic avenger films and was really strange. i miss stuff like that, cartoons that are just odd and make no sense!
also anyone remember this:

I've been meaning to look it up because the Toxic Avenger is great.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Ah, the nostalgia feels good.
I remember ed, edd and eddy, johny bravo and even beyblade. Beyblade was so awesome.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Whatever happened to nostalgia? Even that's not as good as it used to be.
Quote by breadstick
I bet all the 7 year olds will be saying the same thing in 10 years.

What I was thinking.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand