Hello UG!

I'm currently the owned of a POD x3 and a Line6 SpiderIII 30w (duh, I know). I'm getting a new amp for christmas, and I've been looking into quite a lot of different amps. The one that is perfectly in my price budget and looks good (seems to have gotten quite good reviews and remarks from different magazines etc etc) is the Peavey Vypyr 75.

So, what do you suggest? I want something in the same price budget, NOT used, and I play ONLY technical death metal, and those more extreme metal genres. Goregrind, tech death etc etc.

Thanks!
not sure what your price range is but the Peavey 6505 is really heavy. But if you want the overly distorted tones that you can get from the pod, your not going to find a real amp with that. Besides those tones never come thru in a band mix anyways. May sound cool in your bedroom but the lack of note definition kills you when you want to play with friends.
-Ibanez js1200
-Epiphone Les Paul w/ Invader in bridge
-Alvarez acoustic
-Orange Thunderverb 50w w/ 1x12 cab
-Vox Satchurator
-Ibanez ts-9
-Pod x3
-Apple Logic Studio

www.purevolume.com/stoplooklisten
Quote by lespaul90
not sure what your price range is but the Peavey 6505 is really heavy. But if you want the overly distorted tones that you can get from the pod, your not going to find a real amp with that. Besides those tones never come thru in a band mix anyways. May sound cool in your bedroom but the lack of note definition kills you when you want to play with friends.

The amount of distortion i can get from the spider is definitly OK. I do a lot of sweeping btw.
going from a spyder to a vyper really wont make that much of a difference. both are modelling amps that sound very digitized - only difference is 30 W to 75 W.

get a small tube amp and a nice dist pedal, and you would be happier in the end

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Aight, it's not much of a difference then?

One way to go is to buy some tube amp and use it to amplify the pod. However, I'm not very into the hardware of a pod and haven't used it that much, so I'm not sure whether i'll manage to pull of a good sound with it.

The kind of sound I want is the one that Michael Keene (The Faceless) has. I really love the sound, even though it really sounds digital (he uses a vetta). In other words, I do by no means like tubes more than digital amps.
OK, that's easy, get a used Vetta.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
OK, that's easy, get a used Vetta.

As I stated in my post, I don't think I'll be able to get a used amp. I live in Sweden, a small country, and therefore the amount of used amps for sale is very low. Also, if shipping from the US, the shipping cost is sick. So :/

Thinking that maybe getting a tube amp to just amplify my pod would be a good idea, what do you think?
I don't the think POD + small tube amp will sound that much better than the spider or vyper.
Your amp doesn't has to be tube. Will you cranck it a lot?
What are a few more amps in your budget?
I reccon your budget is about 350-400 eu?
Quote by henis
I don't the think POD + small tube amp will sound that much better than the spider or vyper.
Your amp doesn't has to be tube. Will you cranck it a lot?
What are a few more amps in your budget?
I reccon your budget is about 350-400 eu?

about 320-380 yes. Maybe it's not a good idea after all, to pod the amp. But what else than the vypyr would be a good choice? I'm afraid that many amps that the manufactorers (?) call "metal" will be simply some metallica sound, and that's not what im after. I'm after the really really extreme sound, just like the Faceless guitarist Michael Keene.