I usually don't review guitars the first day that I get them. Normally I'm so excited when I get a new guitar that all I can do is rave about how awesome it is. So what I've decided to do is to wait at least a month before I post anything.

Before I begin, I'll tell you the story of how this guitar came into my possession.

I was visiting my sister out of town and with my birthday coming up, I decided to go to the local music store in her town. My fiance entered the store with me and I instantly gravitated towards a prestige Ibanez that was for sale. Those that know me, know that I'm a big Ibanez fan.
I asked my fiance for her input on the guitar. Namely, if she liked the Ibanez or not. Knowing nothing about guitars, she usually can only comment on appearance. To which she told me that it looked too similar to another Ibanez I owned My feelings slightly hurt I asked her what guitar in the store she thought looked good. She simply shrugged her shoulders and disappeared.
I didn't pay much attention to her as I was lost in playing the Ibanez that I already had in my hands. I was completely "in the zone" and not conscience to what was going on around me.
When I looked back up, she was standing over me with a guitar. She says to me "THIS guitar looks awesome". She holds it out as if she's handing it to me.
After hanging the Ibanez back on the wall I look at the headstock of the guitar only to find that it's some brand that I'm not familiar with. Most brands that I'm not familiar with turn out to be "cheapo copies" of real guitars. However, there she is holding it out for me to try it out.
I pick up the guitar and turn it over and to my surprise I see the "Grover" logo on the back of the tuners. Grover Tuners? Hmmm.......maybe it's not all that bad. It IS a nice looking guitar, I think to myself. Beautiful arch-top, very thin and fast neck (similar to an Ibanez). Gold hardware and pickup covers. Then I see it has the infamous "Duncan Designed" pickups.
Now, I've tried Duncan Designed pickups in the past and I did NOT like them. So I was instantly a bit turned off. Still, I was determined to try this guitar out.
I plugged it in and was completely blown away. I'm not sure if it's the construction of the guitar itself or if the manufacturers have made significant advances in the quality of the Duncan Designed pickups. However, it sounded fantastic. Easily equal to my Schecter C1 Classic with REAL Duncans.
What impressed me most about this guitar was the pots. I cannot tell you how many high end guitars I've owned and played that didn't have an acceptable sweep range. However, in this guitar, the volume and tone knobs were incredibly dynamic. More so then on my old American Strat that I used to own. I was able to find so many usable tones.......

Long Story short........the guitar came home with me.

It's a Greg Bennett Torino TR4. The TR4 is similar to the TR1-3 only that it has the gold hardware, an arch-top, beautiful binding and is MAHOGANY wood. I'm a big fan of mahogany as I feel I get a thicker tone with it.

After owning the guitar for a bit over a month now I'm still as pleased and impressed with it as the day I bought it.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Last edited by theraven871 at Nov 25, 2009,

James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Last edited by theraven871 at Nov 25, 2009,
Sorry about the large pics.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
tasty guitar! HNGD!!!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Take a picture from further than 4.5 inches please.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNGD

Greg Bennett make some really nice guitar like yours
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Fixed the image size now.

Sorry about that!
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Thanks........But I just fixed them.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
MSRP was $899 and they were selling it for $450.

I talked him down to $400.

It's quite a steal at that price.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
That looks sexy!
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
HNGD! looks very pretty! Never heard of those before, though...
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
I really need to get some sound clips up.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
These are nice guitars. I had the TR2 or the TR3, can't remember. The guy had put EMG 81/85's in it. Played real smooth and good quality. I had a sunburst one, but your white one pretty much shits all over it in terms of looks

Best part, I traded a 3/4 size yamaha classical guitar for it and I got the classical guitar for free. So I got my torino for free pretty much. Pretty awesome guitars. I gave mine to a friend.

HNGD
Quote by MetalHead916
These are nice guitars. I had the TR2 or the TR3, can't remember. The guy had put EMG 81/85's in it. Played real smooth and good quality. I had a sunburst one, but your white one pretty much shits all over it in terms of looks

Best part, I traded a 3/4 size yamaha classical guitar for it and I got the classical guitar for free. So I got my torino for free pretty much. Pretty awesome guitars. I gave mine to a friend.

HNGD

I didn't know they made one in sunburst. Sounds like you get an even better deal then I did on it!

It's a great guitar and I'm loving it. I even took it up on stage for our Halloween gig.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100