Its really annoying me that artists or albums in itunes are listed separately, for example in artists on my ipod I have two Red Hot Chili Peppers even though all my songs, albums and artists are spelt correctly, can anyone tell me how to fix this as it's really irritating not being able to listen to all of one artist or album due to sorting problems.
Yep, you need to go and check again.

iTunes will treat RHCP and R.H.C.P. as different groups. Ditto Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Red Hot Chili Peppers etc. It does care about spelling and punctuation. Probably even spaces.

Go and and check the spelling again.
Also could be something in the Album Artist tag? Dunno about iTunes but when my artists are messed up in Winamp its usually something to do with that.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Spaces are often people's biggest problems in my experience. Often they accidentally put a space at the end of the name: It's invisible on the listing, and splits your music in two if you have another one without a space.
Quote by Howard2k
Yep, you need to go and check again.

iTunes will treat RHCP and R.H.C.P. as different groups. Ditto Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Red Hot Chili Peppers etc. It does care about spelling and punctuation. Probably even spaces.

Go and and check the spelling again.

+1.

Although itunes is generally a pain to organise, something always goes wrong. Leave it messy.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by weemansyndrome
Also could be something in the Album Artist tag? Dunno about iTunes but when my artists are messed up in Winamp its usually something to do with that.

No I get rid of that, when I get the song all I have in it is the artist name, album name and song name,

Quote by Robert I.
Spaces are often people's biggest problems in my experience. Often they accidentally put a space at the end of the name: It's invisible on the listing, and splits your music in two if you have another one without a space.

I might filter through all my songs and check for that
i know itunes is all laggy and jumpy, hard to use on windows so got tired of it downloaded zune, never goin back.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Also if different songs from the same album usually have to be ticked as part of a compilation
Disappointed...

Going Crazy
highlight all the songs from one artist and edit the artist information all together so you know its the same..
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

highlight all RCHP songs. press Ctrl+I or right click and edit the information, then just put in the Artists name you want for all the songs.

perty simple
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
highlight all RCHP songs. press Ctrl+I or right click and edit the information, then just put in the Artists name you want for all the songs.

perty simple

If only I had read this before I went down the list right-clicking the songs individually :'(