I recently got a spider III head. before i get flamed for it its not my first choice for a head but i got it for a good deal and im dying to have a halfstack.
now my question is do i need to get the spider cabinet?
Or will any cabinet be fine? I know that i should get a bigger cab then the head which is 75 watts.
but i know spider likes to make their stuff so it will only work with their other stuff.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
Match ohm EXACTLY, make sure the cab handles more watts than the head has... That's it. Any cab will work with any head if those two are true, all that Spider cab only stuff is marketing BS.

BTW you'll probably get flamed worse for saying 'I'm dying to get a halfstack' then you will for owning a spider.

Kyle62 - Dude he acknowledged the reputation spiders have, and he already has the head... So get off it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Match ohm EXACTLY, make sure the cab handles more watts than the head has... That's it. Any cab will work with any head if those two are true, all that Spider cab only stuff is marketing BS.

BTW you'll probably get flamed worse for saying 'I'm dying to get a halfstack' then you will for owning a spider.

Kyle62 - Dude he acknowledged the reputation spiders have, and he already has the head... So get off it.

This. All of it, actually.
Quote by tubetime86

I'm not a 'Spider bandwaggoner', I just think it's a really, really bad choice. The phrase 'I'm dying for a halfstack' in particular.
Last edited by kyle62 at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by lexanirider78
im dying to have a halfstack.

Why would you sacrifice tone for a halfstacK? I'd rather have a good combo than a crap halfstack?
Quote by Alex Vik
Why would you sacrifice tone for a halfstacK? I'd rather have a good combo than a crap halfstack?

It's worth noting that a larger cab with more speakers improves projection noticeably - they're great for filling large rooms. If you need that projection, it's not unwise to aspire to a halfstack. If not, however, you're right; tone takes priority.
Quote by Alex Vik

i second that

was it a good enough deal that you could sell it on? then put your amp and cab money together for a decent combo?

(only suggesting this coz your actually question has been answered)
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by kyle62
I'm not a 'Spider bandwaggoner', I just think it's a really, really bad choice. The phrase 'I'm dying for a halfstack' in particular.

A choice he already made, and recognizes as less than wise. I'm all for telling people not to buy spiders and all that, but that's not what he's asking... Move on.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You will need a stereo cab, or 2 seperate cabs. I had to try & fix a spider head that had been run through just 1 cab, and the 2nd power amp caught fire!
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by tubetime86
A choice he already made, and recognizes as less than wise. I'm all for telling people not to buy spiders and all that, but that's not what he's asking... Move on.

Thank you for actually answering my question. I had figured that it was "marketing bs" but better safe then sorry i figure.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
Quote by lexanirider78
Thank you for actually answering my question. I had figured that it was "marketing bs" but better safe then sorry i figure.

Yup, good luck man. I don't know what the guy who posted above you is talking about, but if your head is stereo he may be right... I don't think so but its possible.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by FischmungaXTR
You will need a stereo cab, or 2 seperate cabs. I had to try & fix a spider head that had been run through just 1 cab, and the 2nd power amp caught fire!

But this is 75w, so it is probably not stereo.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
But this is 75w, so it is probably not stereo.

Ah, I didn't realise they did 2 versions of the head.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis