Page 1 of 2
I looked up the town I recently moved to, and found this:

The racial makeup of the city was (this meaning when it was measured in 2000) 98.93% White, 0.15% Black or African American, 0.20% Native American, 0.15% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, and 0.51% from two or more races. 0.20% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

I found that rather sad; I mean, it's about 99% white! Also, looked up the school, and it said the ethnicity was 99% white, 1% unknown. Just thought that was kind of interesting.

So, what are the demographics for where you live?
In sweden we don't really care about race demographics. Penis size demographics, however...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
In sweden we don't really care about race demographics. Penis size demographics, however...

I demand graphs and statistics.
15% of Canterbury have no religion. What the hell. Where the hell am I?

EDIT: No statistics for Weston super Mare despite nearly double the population, but North Somerset is also 15%. Which is a crock of bullshit.
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 25, 2009,
We had a black person in our town once.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Callum89
Sadly, that is actually very close to the truth of this town. I mean, I've heard someone say "the mexican sophomore" and everyone knew exactly who he meant. I'm surprised I haven't seen a KKK rally around here....
Quote by Kensai

And your in the minority with one below 1 inch
Quote by Callum89

newman CA has about 10 now...... 7 years ago when we moved here there was only 1
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
http://www.oneleicester.com/leicester-partnership/demographics-of-leicester/

If you open the word doc at the bottom it's got stats from last year. But now it's not 40% ethnic minority it's 60% 'ethnic minority' & 40% people who are actually from this country in the first place living in Leicester. I wouldn't really call those people an ethnic minority now. Sort it out Brown you wanker.
Quote by herby190

I demand graphs and statistics.

Come to my house, I'll show you hard proof.

Quote by Shabalaba
And your in the minority with one below 1 inch

By ethnic origin:

37.7% Canadian
34.2% English
29.8% Scottish
24.5% Irish
18.0% French
12.1% German
4.0% Dutch
3.4% First Nations
2.2% Welsh
1.9% Other British Isles
1.8% Italian
1.5% Polish
1.4% Acadian
1.1% Ukrainian
1.1% Lebanese
1.0% Chinese
0.9% Other African
0.8% Black

So, some diversity in there I guess.
Hispanic/Latino: 1.1%
White*: 97.7%
Black*: 0.4%
Native American*: 0%
Asian*: 0.3%
Hawaiian/Pacific Islander*: 0%
Other*: 0.2%
Multiracial*: 0.2%
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Quote by Kensai

Yeah, but for Sweden you'd have to remove anomalies such as yourself, 'cause you really up the average penis size
Paris

The population of the city of Paris was 2,125,246 at the 1999 census, lower than its historical peak of 2.9 million in 1921. The city's population loss mirrors the experience of most other core cities in the developed world that have not expanded their boundaries. The principal factors in the process are a significant decline in household size, and a dramatic migration of residents to the suburbs between 1962 and 1975. Factors in the migration include de-industrialisation, high rent, the gentrification of many inner quarters, the transformation of living space into offices, and improved affluence among working families. The city's population loss was one of the most severe among international municipalities and the largest for any that had achieved more than 2,000,000 residents. These losses are generally seen as negative for the city; the city administration is trying to reverse them with some success, as the population estimate of July 2004 showed a population increase for the first time since 1954, reaching a total of 2,144,700 inhabitants.

Density

Paris is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. Its density, excluding the outlying woodland parks of Boulogne and Vincennes, was 24,448 inhabitants per square kilometre (63,320/sq mi) in the 1999 official census, which could be compared only with some Asian megapolis. Even including the two woodland areas its population density was 20,164 inhabitants per square kilometre (52,224.5/sq mi), the fifth-most-densely populated commune in France following Le Pré-Saint-Gervais, Vincennes, Levallois-Perret, and Saint-Mandé, all of which border the city proper. The most sparsely populated quarters are the western and central office and administration-focussed arrondissements. The city's population is densest in the northern and eastern arrondissements; the 11th arrondissement had a density of 40,672 inhabitants per square kilometre (105,340/sq mi) in 1999, and some of the same arrondissement's eastern quarters had densities close to 100,000/km² (260,000/sq mi) in the same year.

Paris agglomeration

The City of Paris covers an area much smaller than the urban area of which it is the core. At present, Paris' real urbanisation, defined by the pôle urbain (urban area) statistical area, covers 2,723 km2 (1,051 sq mi), or an area about 26 times larger than the city itself. The administration of Paris' urban growth is divided between itself and its surrounding départements: Paris' closest ring of three adjoining departments, or petite couronne ("small ring") are fully saturated with urban growth, and the ring of four departments outside of these, the grande couronne départements, are only covered in their inner regions by Paris' urbanisation. These eight départements form the larger administrative Île-de-France région; most of this region is filled, and overextended in places, by the Paris aire urbaine.

The Paris agglomeration has shown a steady rate of growth since the end of the late 16th century French Wars of Religion, save brief setbacks during the French Revolution and World War II. Suburban development has accelerated in recent years: With an estimated total of 11.4 million inhabitants for 2005, the Île-de-France région shows a rate of growth double that of the 1990s.

Immigration

By law, French censuses do not ask questions regarding ethnicity or religion, but do gather information concerning one's country of birth. From this it is still possible to determine that the Paris and its aire urbaine (metropolitan area) is one of the most multi-cultural in Europe: At the 1999 census, 19.4% of its total population was born outside of metropolitan France. At the same census, 4.2% of the Paris aire urbaine's population were recent immigrants (people who had immigrated to France between 1990 and 1999), in their majority from Asia and Africa. 37% of all immigrants in France live in the Paris region.

So yeah, there is no single decent population breakdown by ethnicity for Paris (which is bullshit by the way), but the last paragraph gives you some answers.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Last edited by Astyan at Nov 25, 2009,
92% Bovine
7% Caucasian
1% Other
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
There is prob 1 black family in my small Irish town, and there may also be 1 Asian family. Overall, there are more red haired people in my town then people who aren't white. But we got's like all the red hair genes in the Kilkenny area. I have two red haired sisters and I'm red haired myself. Wait, , , , , , I remember this post had a point a while ago. . . m m m m . . . . oh yeah About the same as OP but make it 99.9% white.
COLOURS
What's your fav colour? (Color if you don't use the U)
Why is that sad?..Do you go to China and expect to see an equivalent ratio between blacks:whites:chinese?

It's completely predictable, actually. My town is exactly the same, hell, I can actually count all the black people in my town, there's 6.
The two largest ethnic groups in my town are Bangladeshi and White.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Kensai

I just noticed in the photobucket link when i was replying that is has a section called responses, do you have a folder full of these?
Quote by Shabalaba

I just noticed in the photobucket link when i was replying that is has a section called responses, do you have a folder full of these?

93% White British, 2% Asian, 5% Various.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Craigo
Kjell, have you ever seen that cartoon before? I've watched it a few times in the past whilst looking after my niece. It's fucking scary man.

If it's british I'm going to assume it's ****ing scary. I'm still recovering from that cartoon miss muso was talking about. That stripey guy with the pumpkin head on the broomstick.

Quote by Shabalaba

Well yes, I have so many other images I'm not going to look through them all just to find a specific one.
New Orleans

Black 62.9%
White 29.2%
Latino 4.4%
Asian 2.7%

First without a white majority!
90.75% White (84.2% were Non-Hispanic White,)[15] 3.76% African American, 0.16% Native American, 1.99% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 1.39% from other races, and 1.90% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.51% of the population.

edit: and the city I go to college in
60.42% White, 34.24% African American, 0.25% Native American, 2.40% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.97% from other races, and 1.67% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.19% of the population. Non-Hispanic whites were 57.79% of the population.
Last edited by Masamune at Nov 25, 2009,
Population (2001*; otherwise 2008 est.)
- City 324,800
- Density 11,375.2/sq mi (4,392/km2)
- Urban 327,706*
841,500 (Larger Urban Zone)
Ethnicity [1]
- White 91.57%
- Mixed 1.99%
- Asian 3.96%
- Black 1.28%
- Chinese/other 1.20%

That's for Cardiff.

Porthcawl is 99.9% Old people.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by herby190
Sadly, that is actually very close to the truth of this town. I mean, I've heard someone say "the mexican sophomore" and everyone knew exactly who he meant. I'm surprised I haven't seen a KKK rally around here....

Why is that sad? Just because you're not ethnically diverse, doesn't make you racist.

It's not like there's a sign saying "no blacks" (I hope not anyway), it's just how the town falls together.

If you live in a mostly or natively white country, most people of other races will be either immigrants or descendants of immigrants. If you live in the country, somewhere remote, or somewhere especially rich it's just unlikely there'll have ever been any emigration to there.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Why is that sad? Just because you're not ethnically diverse, doesn't make you racist.

It's not like there's a sign saying "no blacks" (I hope not anyway), it's just how the town falls together.

If you live in a mostly or natively white country, most people of other races will be either immigrants or descendants of immigrants. If you live in the country, somewhere remote, or somewhere especially rich it's just unlikely there'll have ever been any emigration to there.
I think you misunderstood. The reason it's sad to me is that the people become sheltered; everybody here is a white, middle-to-upper-middle class christian. A lot of the people actually do become pretty racist without even realizing it, just because they're never around anybody of a different race.
Race
One race 486439 96.11%
White 346226 68.41%
Black or African American 77810 15.37%
American Indian and Alaska Native 17743 3.51%
Asian 17595 3.48%
Asian indian 2918 0.58%
Chinese 1816 0.36%
Filipino 844 0.17%
Japanese 492 0.1%
Korean 1020 0.2%
Vietnamese 8161 1.61%
Other Asian 2344 0.46%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 360 0.07%
Native Hawaiian 113 0.02%
Guamanian or Chamorro 158 0.03%
Samoan 33 0.01%
Other Pacific Islander 56 0.01%
Some other race 26705 5.28%
Two or more races 19693 3.89%
I imagine its mostly white (maybe 70%) with a fair mix of Latinos and African Americans

Quote by Kensai

lolpun
Quote by herby190
I think you misunderstood. The reason it's sad to me is that the people become sheltered; everybody here is a white, middle-to-upper-middle class christian. A lot of the people actually do become pretty racist without even realizing it, just because they're never around anybody of a different race.

Oh aye I guess I understand that. But then also, if there's noone of other races around, racism never becomes an issue in practice. Now there's a moral dilemma for you.

Where i live similarly it's almost 100% white. There was never any issue or even thought of racism when I was young, simply because there was no "us" and "them" for it to work, just "us".
Wait, what the **** is this shit?

Sex and Age
Male 247313 48.86%
Female 258819 51.14%

I'm moving.

/sexism
Upper class white people.
Middle class white people.
Working class white people.
Tourists.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2