Just nabbed for $45 on CL. Now I need to figure out what it is. It's made in Korea, and I'm hoping it's the version with a mahogany body like the one being discussed here: . Anyone know anything about these?

I've got it here at work, it seems to play well, the frets seem rather large. It has light strings on it, I think.

Once I get it home, I'll be able to hook it up to my Blackheart and give it a workout...at my skill level that amounts to some blues shuffles, CCR chord progressions and E major scale practice, heh.
Are these rare?
looks like a epi explorer neck bolted on a squier bullet.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
very nice! i almost bought one used a while back for $100 but the neck was warped to all hell i still wish it would have played well enough. these guitars are awesome!

anyway, happy new guitar day! very nice.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Playing around with it last night, the volume pot seems to be a little funky. It crackles a lot and will cause the pickups to cut out. One of the reasons I bought his guitar is to tinker...so I think I will get the strat rebuild kit from GFS.

I'm no judge of tone, I just don't have enough experience to say whether the pickups are lousy, great, or otherwise. However, I was thinking about replacing a pickup (or 2 or 3) just for fun.

A few notes on playability. The guitar is much, much lighter than the AXL strat copy or Michael Kelly Patriot Q I have. It's actually kind of nice. The tuners are EONS better than the ones on the AXL. I've got no dead frets or string buzzing. The action is a tad higher than my MK, but my MK is insanely low. Also, this morning it is still in tune, so I got that going for me.

Finally, whereas, I rarely pick up my AXL in lieu of my MK and if I do, it's only for a little bit, last night I didn't want to put this Epi down.
Last edited by Commodor 64 at Nov 26, 2009,
a gibson stratocaster...sounds funny doesnt it
hngd btw