Hey, I'm looking to get a guitar after christmas, so I have a bit more money to put towards it, and since I hear guitar prices drop a bit after Christmas.

I only want to spend about 700 USD on this, but would prefer to spend less.

I want a relatively thin neck.
Passive pickups
Fixed bridge
Neckthrough preferred, but in this price range I don't expect it
I would love it in white or see-through black, but I don't need it
Strat or Les Paul-esque shape

Thanks!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

More detail might be helpful; what sort of music do you want to use it for, what sort of sound do you want and what sort of rig are you going to be running it through?

You've been pretty comprehensive already, but being specific is a good idea because there's plenty to be had in your price range.
Quote by Rock Pig
More detail might be helpful; what sort of music do you want to use it for, what sort of sound do you want and what sort of rig are you going to be running it through?

You've been pretty comprehensive already, but being specific is a good idea because there's plenty to be had in your price range.

Sorry, can't beleive I forgot that

I play alot of metalcore, so I would like to keep definition in lower tunings.
I want a nice metal tone, but I also want it to clean up nicely.
I'm getting a valveking soon, so that's what I'll be running it through.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Pretty good criteria there; a lot of people that ask here take about twenty posts to develop a useful criteria!
I'm not normally an ESP fan, but I think something like the LTD H-401FM (w/ Duncans) would be ideal. If that's stretching your budget, something like a lower end Ibanez S Series would do you well, although a pickup swap could be in order at a later date.

Edit: damnit, forgot the hardtail thing. Give me a sec and I'll find some more

Edit: It's not a great idea to buy gear with intent to mod, but I'm struggling to think of a better idea than an Ibanez RGA42FM or RGA32 with a pickup swap (my choices would probably be a DiMarzio D-Sonic bridge and PAF Pro neck, although that's generalising and might not reflect the sound you're after.)
Last edited by Rock Pig at Nov 25, 2009,
the ibanez RGA121 is a great playing guitar. might be able to find them used in some stores or maybe ebay. the best ibanez fixed bridge there is, in my opinion!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Washburn X50 PRO comes to the top of my mind and so does the Michael Kelly Vex Deluxe but I think the latter comes with active pickups with the Washburn coming with either passive or actives.