Another supergroup
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/25/fall-out-boy-anthrax-members-unite-in-the-damned-things/
http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/fall-out-boy-guitarist-announces-metal-side-project

Not sure what they sound like yet, but it sounds promising. Scott Ian is a beasty guitarist, and Andy Hurley is an impressive drummer.
Thoughts? Do you think it looks good?

I put this in the metal forum as it looks like they will be something along those lines, Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley both have pretty metal influences.

http://www.myspace.com/thedamnedthings
(for when they actually put songs up)

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Nov 25, 2009,
So, you've got no music to listen to, and there are members of Fall Out Boy in there...

...Outlook not so good. But i'll give em a listen anyways, since I don't doubt any of them.
Quote by severed-metal
So, you've got no music to listen to, and there are members of Fall Out Boy in there...

...Outlook not so good. But i'll give em a listen anyways, since I don't doubt any of them.

+1
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
They really couldn't think of a better name than "The Damned Things?" Christ. Even worse that they've got one of the fuckheads from Every Time I Die in there. I refuse to believe this will be any good.

EDIT: Andy is very good though, I won't deny that.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Last edited by The Frayed Ends at Nov 25, 2009,
I know that a metal band featuring members of Fallout Boy sounds like a terrible idea, but I read an interview a while back with Joe Trohman, and he said that he was actually much more interested in metal music than in punk or any other genre. He said that he enjoyed playing FoB's music, but his heart was really in metal. It was in Guitar World, but I don't know which issue it was in.
I have that issue I think, but Patrick Stump and Pete Wentz are absolute twats. They're terrible writers, have been proven to have stolen lyrics from less known bands, and overall, douches.

Although this bands leads little promise. Nothing wrong with giving them a try.
What's the point of promoting it if there's no music? No one can form an accurate opinion.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I know jack about all else mentioned here but I have seen Andy Hurley's name mentioned elsewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIByGCLPrlQ

The kid plays Meshuggah. A few cool points to him, but he pretty much fucked over his artistic integrity by joining FOB. I doubt this will be any better. Supergroups rarely are.
Daaaaaaamn, dudebro's pretty good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by severed-metal
I have that issue I think, but Patrick Stump and Pete Wentz are absolute twats. They're terrible writers, have been proven to have stolen lyrics from less known bands, and overall, douches.

Although this bands leads little promise. Nothing wrong with giving them a try.

This about sums the thread up.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Hurley is, in all fairness, the member of FOB who's most proficient at his instrument.

But this is still going to be shit, considering it has Scott fucking Ian in it.
Joe Trohman is actually a good guitarist with excellent proficiency and influences so this might be an interesting turnout.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Now, I consider myself elitist and a bit of an asshole...but this factually going to suck.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by webbtje
Hurley is, in all fairness, the member of FOB who's most proficient at his instrument.

Agreed.

Not agreed.
Quote by webbtje

Awww gay. I don't want to listen to two men having sex.
My homage to severed is growing!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Shush, you cock-rubbing sodomising fornication eavesdropping cut!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
*wonders if 'dropping my ass' is a sig worthy quote*
Quote by duncang

at his command
listened to one of their songs earlier today, I thought it was pretty good. Sounded more hard rock than metal to me though
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Had a listen, pretty fun catchy hard rock, definately not Metal. Will probably get this