Hey guys, I'm looking at this guitar (in trans black):

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-w--EMGs-868331-i1445596.gc

I would like to know of everyone's opinion on it. I'm going to Guitar Center Friday and I'm going to try it out, but I would like to get some knowledge about it from people who have owned/had decent experience with it.

I don't really mind the bolt-on neck, but the only other thing I'm wondering about is the bridge. It's a Jackson bridge, and I just wanted to know if it's of quality (how well it holds up, how good it does, if it wears down the strings, etc)

Thanks everyone!
The necks are really love or hate.
I hate them.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
The necks are really love or hate.
I hate them.

I have a KVX10, and I really like it. I like it just a tad bit better than my LTD EC-1000, but I think it's mainly cause of the scale size.

Although, I like the shorter nut width on the EC, and the Jackson has the same size, but I can work around that
Quote by SMB13
Hey guys, I'm looking at this guitar (in trans black):

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-w--EMGs-868331-i1445596.gc

I would like to know of everyone's opinion on it. I'm going to Guitar Center Friday and I'm going to try it out, but I would like to get some knowledge about it from people who have owned/had decent experience with it.

I don't really mind the bolt-on neck, but the only other thing I'm wondering about is the bridge. It's a Jackson bridge, and I just wanted to know if it's of quality (how well it holds up, how good it does, if it wears down the strings, etc)

Thanks everyone!

It's a TOM so there's no worries about it. Most TOMs are pretty stable and such and you don't have to worry about any of the metal wearing away like you do with double locking trems.

I quite liked the DKMGT, although I didn't get on with the neck as well as my own guitars, it played pretty slick and for the specs, it's pretty good. Alternatively, you could check out the LTD MH-401NT, Washburn X50PROFE and the Schecter Hellraiser C-1

They all have EMG's but none of them have a bolt on neck and alder body construction like the DKGMT.

Good luck with the guitar hunt!
Quote by Mwoit
It's a TOM so there's no worries about it. Most TOMs are pretty stable and such and you don't have to worry about any of the metal wearing away like you do with double locking trems.

I quite liked the DKMGT, although I didn't get on with the neck as well as my own guitars, it played pretty slick and for the specs, it's pretty good. Alternatively, you could check out the LTD MH-401NT, Washburn X50PROFE and the Schecter Hellraiser C-1

They all have EMG's but none of them have a bolt on neck and alder body construction like the DKGMT.

Good luck with the guitar hunt!

Thanks man! I'm going to try it out Friday and see how it is.

I was looking at the LTD as well, but there's just something that puts me off about it, I'm not sure what. I was also looking at the Schecter C-1 Classic, but I want to try it first. I've heard things about it having a thicker neck, and I also don't wantto join the band wagon, lol.
If you're gonna go with Jackson, don't go with a new one. Ever since Jackson was bought out by Fender, the quality has gone to shit. But then again, Jackson sucked before that, so my choice would be a 1984 Gibson Explorer
I would think that is a great guitar really, if you want EMGs and don't need a Trem. I love most Jackson necks.
Quote by living dead kid
If you're gonna go with Jackson, don't go with a new one. Ever since Jackson was bought out by Fender, the quality has gone to shit. But then again, Jackson sucked before that, so my choice would be a 1984 Gibson Explorer

Thats BS- while Jackson's prices did go up since the Fender buy out, their quality in the high end did not change at all- they were already top notch. Secondly, since the fender buy out quality in their mid and lower end models picked up substantially.

TS- as for the DKMG, it really is a great guitar. The bolt on neck heel isn't a big deal, and I wouldn't worry about the bridge- they are typically rock solid. Try it out and enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Yeah, I own a DKMG with the Floyd, and mine is pretty solid, no issues with it at all since May 2008. The neck is pretty thin (not Ibanez though) and the fretboard is great for metal and rock. The sustain could be better, but I think mine is a bit ****ed up cause I accidentally took off the neck once. Before that it sounded great.

i have a dk2m and ive been thinking about trading it in for one of these... im just really tired of messing with the floyd rose especially drop tuning it

But anyways this guitar looks nice. Emgs, and TOM make it even better... just make sure to get the green swirl it looks sick
Got a machine head.. better than the rest.
Hey guys (sorry for bringing this back up since it was dead a long time ago), I've also heard a few people suggest this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/septor627proebblack.html

I was wondering if anyone knows how it plays, feels, if it is the same quality as the DKMGT, etc.

The only two things I would have to adjust to is the 27" scale length, but that wouldn't be too big of a problem. The other thing would be the pups, but I've always wanted to try out some Blackouts, and will most likely switch out the stock pups for those.

So, anyone know anything about it?
Never played one but it looks pretty nice, I don't know if I would like the selector switch where it is though, I think during a fast switch I would accidently change the vol or tone.
Quote by Tempoe
Never played one but it looks pretty nice, I don't know if I would like the selector switch where it is though, I think during a fast switch I would accidently change the vol or tone.

I'm not quite up to being a lead player, so I think I'll be okay