I just finished playing on my friend's Ibanez GRG170DX. It was really easy to play, and I'm considering getting one some day. However, I didn't like the tone, and the way it looked (Especially the shark-tooth inlays) , so I thought I'd look for a bit nicer guitar.

Would a bit higher-end Ibanez still be as easy to play?
Yes.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Ibanezes are awesome to play! The Wizard necks are just perfect for me.
But some people disagree with me on that point.
Quote by Satch-Vai-Slash
The GRG's are the cheap low end models The Ibanez RG2550Z RG3550 And such are amazing to play

I thought that cheap one was pretty sweet.
Quote by gogosega
I thought that cheap one was pretty sweet.

If you like the way the GRG feels (I personally hate it), then you'll LOVE an RG
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
If you like the way the GRG feels (I personally hate it), then you'll LOVE an RG

+1

GRG are the lowest type of Ibanez RGs, so anything else is a step up. Also, you may want to check out how your friend has his guitar setup, that would contribute a lot to how it played.
i've never played an ibanez i didn't like! the thin necks aren't for everybody, but if you know you like it then go for it. they're definitely badass guitars. i love RGs!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
No-the Prestige range of RG's (and even the normal range) are a lot better sounding than the GRG's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Mwoit
+1

GRG are the lowest type of Ibanez RGs, so anything else is a step up. Also, you may want to check out how your friend has his guitar setup, that would contribute a lot to how it played.

It's COMPLETELY stock. He hasn't even changed the strings, and it's nearly 2 years old. He doesn't play that much, though.
Quote by gogosega
It's COMPLETELY stock. He hasn't even changed the strings, and it's nearly 2 years old. He doesn't play that much, though.

I hate my sig
Quote by gogosega
I might be exaggerating, but they are at least a year old.

Well, that might be why the tone sucked. All the ones I've played have sounded pretty nice.
still. the intonation must be terrible. I can't stand to play even if my strings are a month or 2 old.

Dude, go to a guitar store and try out a real RG and you'll probably pass out that's how much better it will be
I hate my sig
i can say most of ibby necks are really comfy, my preferance is the wizard neck as with this particular neck i'm able to do solo more fluidly....wait till you try the higher end of ibby such as the RG prestige and S prestige, then you'll find out the huge difference in the sound and the playability
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
If you want an alternative to the expensive prestiges, get a 550, 560, or 570 RG. Those kick just as much ass and go for cheap on the used market.
If you liked the GRG it would be worth your time to go try a regular RG. That being said, the GRG range doesn't have a wizard neck so who knows if you'll get along.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by gogosega

that makes me want to puke.

anyways i think something along the lines of a rg1550m might float your boat
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3