Hey guys,

I just got a new amp so its probably time to upgrade the guitar too. Anyway, here's something roughly what I'm looking at:

Budget: £300 max
Used or new?: Yup, I'm okay with getting used guitars
Any specifications/needs:

- Good sustain

- More of a fan of flat tops but it doesn't really make A LOT of difference

- I'm not in dire need of a whammy bar, so yeah, I'll live with normal bridge.

- Something that can play mainly heavy rock, alternative metal and post-hardcore.
However, I would like it to do some good warm cleans. Also, its not a must, but I
would really really like to have something that can handle blues. Just love breaking
out some good blues

If you guys need any more information, please say. Other than that, thanks in advance
telecaster. and dont feel limited to fender, especially with that budget. LOTS of companies have designs based on the original telecaster premise, without being straightforward "copies", and thats the best sorta thing with diversity ranging from blues to post-hardcore.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
He said nice warm cleans, not twangy chime cleans. And for metal? a tele? cmon dude. A tele can do post hardcore, maybe, but not full on metal.

I'd suggest a telecaster.
Quote by Psycho|@_@|
He said nice warm cleans, not twangy chime cleans. And for metal? a tele? cmon dude. A tele can do post hardcore, maybe, but not full on metal.

what?

and he didn't ask for full on metal.
true alt metal is different.

Anyways in all seriousness, id suggest something from ESP
Quote by Psycho|@_@|

What stops a tele from doing metal? not a damn thing. with single coils or hums, it'll do metal.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Crohny
What stops a tele from doing metal?

The specific amps he's using and metal elitists.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
The specific amps he's using and metal elitists.

i dont see anything about the amp(s) he is using. besides that, nothing stops a tele from being a metal guitar. if the one guy from sunn 0))) can use a LP with P90s in it, i'm pretty sure a tele can get away with metal as well.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
^ Got a mesa f-50 if that helps.

Was more looking into a humbucker type guitar considering I'll being playing mainly on the distortion channel.

However, that saying, one of my favourite band's guitarist that we are heavily influenced by plays a tele :O

EDIT: Also been looking into PRS SE and Michael Kelly guitars. They sound like they are good and all. Any views on them?
Last edited by Photograph at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Photograph
^ Got a mesa f-50 if that helps.

Was more looking into a humbucker type guitar considering I'll being playing mainly on the distortion channel.

However, that saying, one of my favourite band's guitarist that we are heavily influenced by plays a tele :O

EDIT: Also been looking into PRS SE and Michael Kelly guitars. They sound like they are good and all. Any views on them?

There are teles with humbuckers. PRS are some really nice guitars. try some out and see what you like. if you can try them out that is.

can always check out epiphone and gibson as well.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
im personally not a fan of the low-end PRS guitars. their quality control seems to falter lower down their range... its true, theyre incredibly versatile guitars, but dont pay less than a grand for one unless you want to risk the possibility of it coming off the factory line with hundreds of manufacturing faults.

i stand by my previous reccomendation of a telecaster. AGAIN, i stress that doesnt necessarily mean the original fender model. Fender have some more metally variations avaliable, schecter make an absolutely STUNNING model with the classic tele body and pickup design. The possibilities are endless.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!