Is 19 too young to get married? I've only been out of high school for about a year and a half and have already had several friends get married and know a few more who are engaged. These people are only about 19!! These people are still way young. I couldn't imagine getting married that young. What are your opinions on people getting married when they're very young and what do you think is a more appropriate age?
Quote by Howard2k
No, do not do it. Never under 25.

This. Even if you end up marrying the girl you were with before you were 25, still wait.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I don't know. My GF wants me to marry her in a year or so for shit's and giggles, we'll still be attending college and living apart anyway
Military use of children?

Infantry.
If you're engaged that doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to get married soon. My uncle was engaged for three years before he married her. They both wanted to wait until after she got out of school.

They're both 25 now and have been married one just over a year.

But getting married at 19? No way. Most aren't mature enough to handle something like that at that age.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
I got married at 13. Pics of wife in profile.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
25 is a good age i think, i only have one pair of friends who got married young and made it. the rest of them got divorced.

i think just being together for 3 or 4 years is good and if you can tough it out that long, you might as well wait till 24 or 25 to make sure you won't hate each other after awhile.
Quote by shmikeyboy
Edward Cullen was 17 when he got married

Why do I know that? why?

He was over 100.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
when your parents decide who your gonna marry when your born, i feel sorry for those people, unless the women is super hot
My Gear:

I finally got my guitar and amp!:

MIM Fender Candy Apple Red Stratocaster
Vox VT30
30 Year Old Hofner 12-String Acoustic (i got this for free!)
Anything under the legal age limit, it's not my place to judge others.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by LesPaulFan58
when your parents decide who your gonna marry when your born, i feel sorry for those people, unless the women is super hot

And/or not a total biatch?

Infantry.
It's all subjective, some can make it work. the whole high-school-sweetheart story is rare, but it can be bliss. But equally, it can be ridiculously stupid.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
there is no too young to get married!

If you are mature enough, ready for it, and most of all in love then you can get married despite what age you are
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
Depends, I don't want to get married before 25 but if anyone else does I don't give a ****.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by freddaahh
It's all subjective, some can make it work. the whole high-school-sweetheart story is rare, but it can be bliss. But equally, it can be ridiculously stupid.

My sister married her high school sweetheart and it's working, but they weren't 19.
most of the time, 19 is too young. some people are ready for it, but some are not at this age. a lot of times, these marriages fail, but sometimes, they don't. but i think that people should marry as young as they feel comfortable with so that they don't mess up with having sex with a bunch of people. i believe in no sex before marriage, so, i think that kind of can be applied here.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
i know a girl who's engaged. she just turned 18. and they just celebrated their one year anniversary.

i give it less than a year.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Good advice is to wait till your at least 27 or so, the older you get the better really.

You should wait till 35 IMO. Actually never is much better....

70% of the time now marriage = fail. = loss of everything = life sucks.
Almost all women become bitches after you knock them up a few times.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Howard2k
No, do not do it. Never under 25.

This.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I don't see myself getting married in a looooooooooooooooong time.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

lol why the hell do you want to get married at THAT age? Youre not even old enough to reek the benefits of the tax break! Minumum wage + tax break = ?

So basically youd be doing it for? What difference is it going to do at 19? Is it gonna make any difference than just you know..staying with her ?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by DeadlyIllness
In the Middle-Ages you would have an arranged marriage around the age of 13.

or you were sold
I know someone whose getting married, hes 20....but then again he is a hardcore Christian and im 90% hes only doing it to get some sexytime......naughty.
Quote by Mask_of_Terror
I know someone whose getting married, hes 20....but then again he is a hardcore Christian and im 90% hes only doing it to get some sexytime......naughty.

Probably the same reason all my friends are getting married so soon...
As long as you're 18, whatever floats your boat.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
about 47
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by skaterskagg1
Probably the same reason all my friends are getting married so soon...

Its awful isnt. They've only been together like 9months, and like they dont even get along THAT well....shes pretty rank looking aswell if you ask me, tut tut.
Erm.. why does everybody in this thread think that the people getting married actually need to have jobs etc.?

Seriously, where I live you can get married for free and if you don't feel like it it costs nothing at all to cancel it. Imo, anyone from the age 18 and up who's planning on spending the rest of his/her life with his/her significant other should just do it for shit's and giggles whilst not changing their lifestyle at all. There's no real downside to it anyway.

This might be different in the US though.

Infantry.