So, I picked up this RG 550 at local craiglist, for ~$400, could have payed even less than that, since the seller desperately needed money, but I had no heart to do it. And, to all of you, who think, that 400$ is actually a big amount of money for used RG 550, let me tell you, that in Poland, this is a steal, since they usually go for like 600$.
It is 1991 model, with Lo-pro edge, and swapped pickups, to those from 2550MZ. Pickups are to be replaced with tonezone and air norton anyway, but it was a nice touch from the seller. The fretboard is in nearly perfect condition and so is the neck (yes, the body is a bit worn, but who cares about that ?). And, let me tell you, this baby surely plays great (I would even dare to say that it is on par with these 2 jems I own).

Family picture

you purchased a very good guitar i love my rg550 even though mines the 20th anniversary model and not the original
HNGD!
Świetny sprzęt stary! Mozna wpasc i pograc? :P
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Very nice score.

I want a 550 just for the pickguard. Unless I find a way to put one on my 570

Great guitars for the money

HNGD

Nice finish too!
You have 2 JEMs and you need an RG? Fishy...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Why the heck do you have TWO JEMs for? O.o
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

550's are awesome yo. I have one and couldn't see myself ever selling it.

Those Jems are pretty sweet too, gotta get me a Jem one day.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Nice RG! Don't like the VWH's though. If I were to get any JEM it would be either a Blue Floral or a Sparkle Blue.
Why is everybody so hung up on him having two Jems when they're both different?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
HNGD!

WAAAAAANT!!!!

Seriously, I'm GASing so badly for an RG with a pickguard and a maple fretboard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
They're not different enough to be owned by the same person.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Basswood/ebony and a low-pro Edge vs. alder/rosewood and an Edge Pro.

Sounds different enough for me. I'd own one of each (though admittedly, I'd have the basswood/ebony/low-pro Edge one first)
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Basswood/ebony and a low-pro Edge vs. alder/rosewood and an Edge Pro.

Sounds different enough for me. I'd own one of each (though admittedly, I'd have the basswood/ebony/low-pro Edge one first)

All VWH's are Alder.
And who cares if he has 2 JEM's? No-one ever complains that Rich has like 50 of them.

Last edited by littlephil at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
All VWH's are Alder.
And who cares if he has 2 JEM's? No-one ever complains that Rich has like 50 of them.

That's because Rich is an Ibanez dealer... They're not his personal guitars, they're just inventory.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a backup; plenty of musicians have a few very similar instruments.

In any case, happy NGD
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 26, 2009,
Those JEMs have to be some of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen, IMHO.

Congrats on the new guitar, HNGD!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
That's because Rich is an Ibanez dealer... They're not his personal guitars, they're just inventory.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a backup; plenty of musicians have a few very similar instruments.

In any case, happy NGD

Yeah, but he still has a, well, extensive personal collection.
All VWH's are Alder. My bad
Quote by Marty Friedman
Thanks to all those who didn't actually complain about these 2 jems ; ).
The switch splits the neck pickup. I may have it removed and put an afterburner instead, but it is still nice as it is. (I`d prefer a tone control tho).
And to answer some complains
You have 2 JEMs and you need an RG? Fishy...
What's wrong with that ? I am satisfied with how ibanez superstrats feel like, and sound like. Besides, no 2 guitars sound exactly the same, and they all are in different tunings.
Two JEMs?! Why?!

Different sounds, different tunings, soon different pickups, different feel

And what actually puts you in a position to say that ?
And to clarify things, it was never my intention to provoke jealousy by posting my guitar collection, nor I ever wanted to show off.