I don't want to learn by tab anymore. I want to figure out songs by myself, but i wouldn't know how to do that. How do you learn by ear?
Just listen to the song over and over and over again, works fine by me
"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough!"

AC/DC Rule and You know it!
Work out the melody first, shouldn't be too hard with a decent ear. Then pick out the bassline and finally the chords by checking which ones contain the same notes as the melody and bass (I usually do this at the end of a phrase, as the tend to end on chords notes). Don't strive to do an exact replica of the original though, put your own personal twist to the song.
Quote by In The Flesh
Work out the melody first, shouldn't be too hard with a decent ear. Then pick out the bassline and finally the chords by checking which ones contain the same notes as the melody and bass (I usually do this at the end of a phrase, as the tend to end on chords notes). Don't strive to do an exact replica of the original though, put your own personal twist to the song.

I see, so i should train my ears and learn a bit of music theory before i attempt to learn by ear?
yeah if you know theory, then you will at least know which key you are in and therefore will know what the right possible notes are and what shape to play in.
Start with really easy stuff - like happy birthday or jingle bells easy. Then try something you like with a really clear lead line - slow it down and take your time. Don't worry if you have to do it note by note to start with - it gets easier. Don't try and jump in at the deep end - slowly build up to more complex stuff.
I started with ACDC and old punk music. Just the trial end error approach playing along with the songs. I had nearly all of Back in Black down in a week.

After you get the hang of it, move to more complicated music
Start with easy things, learn in small chunks. The ear tiers quickly.
Relax and don't force to hear things - the more you relax the easier it gets.

basic ear training (interval recognition) is a big help and a good grasp of theory can help putting missing puzzle pieces together.

It is often a good idea to start out with a song that you also have as notes or tab of (and that you don't know yet of course)
That way you can check if what you heard matches the transcription.
Agree with interval recognition... once you get the first note you can pretty much get the others by listening to the interval. Of course there may be lots of trial and error depending on how good your ears are...