I had the idea of having a playlist on Youtube for inspiration. The playlist will have songs that inspire me, and have at least one thing that I try to use in my music. So far, this is all I have on the playlist:

Linkity

I was just wondering if this seems like a good idea or not. I won't copy any of the songs; I never copy off of a song, I usually just need something to get me into the right mood for writing.

Also, if anyone else does this, feel free to post yours.

Edit: Just to give this thread a wider topic-base, what else do you do for inspiration? I know that personally, watching live videos of high-energy bands always gets me into a writing mood.
Last edited by herby190 at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
why do you care what we think of a tool to inspire you? or are you planning on sharing it with people?
I don't really know; I was mainly posting to see if anyone else did anything similar, because I thought it would be cool to see what other people's playlists are.
All art is meant to inspire, so I don't have any problem with that. Sometimes it's even a good idea to indulge in some genres that you have little to no experience in. I've found that initial conceptions based largely on the influence of an unfamiliar genre generate consistently interesting and original compositions.
Goodness gracious me!
Chasing Melfina on that list, that's Aidy's band right?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Chasing Melfina on that list, that's Aidy's band right?
Yep; can't wait for their EP.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
why do you care what we think of a tool to inspire you? or are you planning on sharing it with people?

just what I was thinking.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Aerokizzombie
just what I was thinking.
I updated the OP; I wanted to see who else does this, and what else they do for inspiration, plus it'd be cool to see other people's playlists.
Dude there are like 5 different bands there, and they're all trashy accessible rock. Can you only get inspired by dullity?
Quote by Stormx
Dude there are like 5 different bands there, and they're all trashy accessible rock. Can you only get inspired by dullity?
I haven't been working on it for very long, and other than Senses Fail and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, I like all those bands.