Just another song that I wrote and I need some feedback on it. Not much else to say. Scale of 1-10 would be great too. Thanks guys
Attachments:
Song.zip
I don't personally like deathcore, but this song was pretty good one anyway. You used pretty brutal riffs also nice lead parts. I liked guitar pan changes alot. Adding synths wasn't bad idea too. Reminds me from the faceless somehow. Good idea to end the song chilly. 9/10. Really positive suprise from deathcore song.
This song was alright at best, It was just a little too death for me, the riffs were decent, from a composers standpoint.
Overall, 6/10
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by MattAnderson111
This song was alright at best, It was just a little too death for me, the riffs were decent, from a composers standpoint.

Overall, 6/10

It's called DEATHcore for a reason. I think it deserves an 8.5/10. The only part I didn't like was the ending.
Quote by DudE132
It's called DEATHcore for a reason. I think it deserves an 8.5/10. The only part I didn't like was the ending.

I gave it a unbiased crit you dickhead.

The atmosphere isn't my preference.

You see where it says the riffs were alright from a composers standpoint.

Plus, I can crit however I want, it's my opinion.

I listen to Whitechapel and Carnifex, this song just didn't hit me that hard.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
^^Seriously dude wtf? Whitechapel is a lot more "death" than this. How can it possibly be too death for you?

Either way TS, I quite liked it...the synth's were a nice touch, bit different from standard deathcore. One thing I will say though is that some of the leads were a bit too simplistic for my liking (on guitar and synth), and some sections dragged on a bit (although I'm sure vocals would help that). I'd like to hear it with proper instruments and synth sounds and with vocals instead of GP.

Overall 7/10
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I'm talking about a writers standpoint.

I like Whitechapel, but I won't write music like it.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
But he wants feedback....surely the point is to let him know what you think from a listener's point of view?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Ending seemed as if it belonged to a different song lol..

7/10 overall, but only because i'm not a massive fan of the genre.

I did like the ideas, and how the two guitars played different melodies. It had some very good ideas tbh, so that ranks it highly.
I was really surprised. I usually don't like deathcore at all, and I normally don't like atmosphere when it's used in similar ways that you used it here.

But in your case it worked perfectly, everything flowed. The ending atmosphere reminded me of a slower Strapping Young Lad.

I really like that one kind of blast (it's in bar 59 and 63, and throughout the song... but those were just the first two I saw and decided to let you know). They really emphasize whatever you're playing at that moment.

I'd give this song a 9/10 and only because I didn't really like the breakdown or the tremolo riff at 51, but since you move on quickly you don't lose much in my book.

Really great song overall!
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,