So I went into Sam Ash with every intent of getting a PRS SE Custom, but I walk out with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Pictures in my profile. I'm still deciding whether to take it back and get the PRS in the next 30 days, but for now, I'm enjoying my new LP

$499 used with hardshell case and he threw in some nice little extras
I hate my sig
Last edited by QuantumMechanix at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Baraga
Pics or its Doraemons guitar

They're in my profile. I dont know how to post pics in a forum....

and whats Doraemons? lol
I hate my sig
I think he means Devries Custom...

Long story,
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
I think he means Devries Custom...

Long story,

Esplain....
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab

i took the liberty of posting yo pics.

congratulations.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Finally, the Les Paul camp wins one back. Too often it's "I went in looking for a Paul but walked out with a Paul instead."

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by zeminion
Esplain....
Oh God you do NOT want to see a Devries Custom.

At least, not one of the really god awful looking ones.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Pat_s1t
Oh God you do NOT want to see a Devries Custom.

At least, not one of the really god awful looking ones.

There are ones that aren't godawful?

HNGD!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Geldin
I actually am quite curious now. Should I just google it?

You will be scared for life if you do

HNGD
Quote by Rhoads_1096
You will be scared for life if you do

HNGD

Lolz. Just did.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
If you're going to steal my Devries line, at least make sure you say it right...Doreamons...what the ****?!

Oh, and HNGD, bro. It looks nice.
Devries custom:

I like how his "20 fret rhythm guitars" make no sense at all, why are there only 20 frets It is just a premade 24 fret neck that he cut the end off, which is basically just a waste of money.

Did I mention it looks like it was cut out with a spatula?

Also this:

Look like he found it in a dumpster but apparently it is way better than a $5000 ESP. Did he use super glue and glue the whole floyd inside the rout, it looks like it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Nov 26, 2009,
Dude, I had to shove a spoon up my ass to distract myself from the pain of looking at those pictures. What I didn't realize is it was a silver spork.

oh, poor Devries.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Did I mention that all his designs are all strats, teles, some form of a LP or a caparison

Did I forget to mention that I was part of the original group that saw these first pictures :P

All his designs are rip-offs of Caparison and ESP.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Devries custom:

I like how his "20 fret rhythm guitars" make no sense at all, why are there only 20 frets It is just a premade 24 fret neck that he cut the end off, which is basically just a waste of money.

Did I mention it looks like it was cut out with a spatula?

Also this:

Look like he found it in a dumpster but apparently it is way better than a $5000 ESP. Did he use super glue and glue the whole floyd inside the rout, it looks like it.

You know,I woke up today feeling pretty good.My girl was cooking a nice Thanksgiving spread,the fall air was crisp and cold,and everything just seemed right in the world......OH HOW WRONG I WAS!

I actually said out loud : "Dear God,what the **** is that!?"

F*cking Devries should have his hands burned off in a lead smelter,though I doubt that would really affect the appearance and quality of his guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

You do realize that the PRS SE Custom 24's are $399 tomorrow at SamAsh. New, not used... Better stock pups, etc, etc...

Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Congrats on whichever guitar you end up with.

Eat a turkey.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
You do realize that the PRS SE Custom 24's are $399 tomorrow at SamAsh. New, not used... Better stock pups, etc, etc...

Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

Congrats on whichever guitar you end up with.

Eat a turkey.

wtf?!?! how??? one day only? I'm leaning toward returning it to get the PRS but I'm going away tomorrow!!!
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
wtf?!?! how??? one day only? I'm leaning toward returning it to get the PRS but I'm going away tomorrow!!!

I think its one day only for the Paul Allender purple custom 24 with bat inlays. The rest of the SE Custom 24s are being discontinued in SamAsh's system. So the Blue, Red and Grey are all dropping permanently to $399 as of Tuesday. But as part of the black friday sale we are moving them at $399.

If you want, I can sell you one and ship it to your house. I do that for UGers.

Edit: Also, you have 30 days to return the epi if you can't make it to the store before you leave. Just don't wait past that if you want your cash back. Or keep both, if possible.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
I think its one day only for the Paul Allender purple custom 24 with bat inlays. The rest of the SE Custom 24s are being discontinued in SamAsh's system. So the Blue, Red and Grey are all dropping permanently to $399 as of Tuesday. But as part of the black friday sale we are moving them at $399.

If you want, I can sell you one and ship it to your house. I do that for UGers.

Edit: Also, you have 30 days to return the epi if you can't make it to the store before you leave. Just don't wait past that if you want your cash back. Or keep both, if possible.

I love you. (no homo)

But thanks for letting me know that. I'll be freakin all over that. I'm assuming you work at Sam Ash? I would take you up on that offer, but I like to play the actual guitar before I buy.

But this just made my day. I'm getting the $499 back, getting the PRS and using the $100 I saved to upgrade my Wah
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
I love you. (no homo)

But thanks for letting me know that. I'll be freakin all over that. I'm assuming you work at Sam Ash? I would take you up on that offer, but I like to play the actual guitar before I buy.

But this just made my day. I'm getting the $499 back, getting the PRS and using the $100 I saved to upgrade my Wah

I do work for one. Glad to help. Completely understand about trying first.
Quote by gregs1020
I do work for one. Glad to help. Completely understand about trying first.

Would you consider this a beginner's guitar? I keep hearing it referred to like that and it makes me feel like a beginner I just don't have the money to spend on a $1000 guitar
I hate my sig
The PRS SE? To some maybe, it they are fortunate. I look at the $150 stuff as beginners stuff. The SE is more of a mid range guitar imo.

Edit: It's hard to beat at that price, great guitar for the cash.
damn someone beat me to it ^
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger