Hello,
I have been listening to different metal/death metal/melodic/metal core stuff, it's what I like but I'm looking for more melodic riffs, kind of like the riff in the song 'Bed of Razors' by COB. Sounds kind of like the viking music that Amon Amarth plays. Maybe something like the Pirates of the Caribbean theme (lol) But most of these melodic death metal bands don't have that much of what I'm looking for and I don't like the death metal growls at all. Alexi Laiho is an exception!
Last edited by 877O at Nov 25, 2009,
I think you're talking about some kind of viking/pagan/folk metal song, try looking around in those genres.
between the buried and me?

there prety melodic id say and are good ass guitar players.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Oops, I thought that thread was for people who know what the exact genre they're looking for is :S
I tried wintersun but I wasn't finding what I was looking for maybe I couldn't find their "good" songs and a lot of the songs are too fast and allover the place and I just can't ignore the vocals :\
Quote by the_white_bunny
between the buried and me?

there prety melodic id say and are good ass guitar players.

Now, when you say "good ass" guitar players, do you really mean they are good, and are just asses..or they play guitars with their asses?

Quote by 877O
Oops, I thought that thread was for people who know what the exact genre they're looking for is :S
I tried wintersun but I wasn't finding what I was looking for maybe I couldn't find their "good" songs and a lot of the songs are too fast and allover the place and I just can't ignore the vocals :\

Nope, for everyone needing a rec for metal. Sounds like you need some traditional heavy metal or doom, frankly. Either that, or you're looking for stuff like Opeth's acoustic?

Clean vocals are a must, then?
Last edited by severed-metal at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by 877O

Stuff like this?
That's funny lol
no I'd say way closer to the heavy metal side
Last edited by 877O at Nov 25, 2009,
You are looking for GODFLESH.

You have been answered.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Finntroll?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!