Hey guys, quick question that probably doesnt deserve its own thread (unless this applies to all Ibanez guitars :P )
I bought some schaller strap locks for my RG the other week, got home and went to put them on.
Turns out Ibanez use a thicker screw for their strap buttons so the schaller screws dont hold in.

anyone know what metal straplocks use thick enough screws (or will take a thicker screw) to fit my RG? (the schaller ones would need pissing about with so i let a mate have em for a couple of quid short of what i payed)
In the UK, when you buy hot dogs (a.k.a. frankfurters) do they come in packs of 8? Do the buns come in packs of 10? Or is this fare even available there?

Anyway, over on this side of the pond, that's the way they come. Why is this relevant?

My strap lock experience is limited to Schaller & Dunlop. But I've put those on Fenders, Ibanezs, & Schecters.

In every case, I've found the guitar's screws are bigger than the strap lock's screws. And not just the shaft, but also the heads (so, to speak). So the guitar screws won't fit in the strap lock button.

Kind of like the hot dogs and buns conundrum.

Solution? Stick a toothpick or two in the screwhole. Works like a champ.

BTW, I recommend Schaller locks.

Next time, lean on your UG buddies before throwing your money away.
Quote by jetwash69
In the UK, when you buy hot dogs (a.k.a. frankfurters) do they come in packs of 8? Do the buns come in packs of 10? Or is this fare even available there?

Anyway, over on this side of the pond, that's the way they come. Why is this relevant?

My strap lock experience is limited to Schaller & Dunlop. But I've put those on Fenders, Ibanezs, & Schecters.

In every case, I've found the guitar's screws are bigger than the strap lock's screws. And not just the shaft, but also the heads (so, to speak). So the guitar screws won't fit in the strap lock button.

Kind of like the hot dogs and buns conundrum.

Solution? Stick a toothpick or two in the screwhole. Works like a champ.

BTW, I recommend Schaller locks.

Next time, lean on your UG buddies before throwing your money away.

Sounds like a plan.

and I didn't really lose out, i owed the guy petrol money anyways
Quote by Bigsteve92
Sounds like a plan.

and I didn't really lose out, i owed the guy petrol money anyways

*High 5* good luck. Enjoy that Ibanez!