hey all,
im about to build a pedal board, and i want to know the best way to power my pedals.
i want the cheapest way unless that means a whole bunch of extra noise and such. i know next to nothing about power supplies and such, so any help is appreciated.

i will have the following pedals on the board.

Fulltone OctaFuzz
Clyde McCoy clone wah
Univibe clone
TS 808 clone
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

i would also like have room to grow with whatever powersupply i choose. as in, if i were to purchase a new pedal sometime, i dont want to have to buy a new power supply.

thanks for the help in advance.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
one spot + daisy chain will run you $25 and you'll be set until you need more than 5 pedals at a time, at which point you but another $5 daisy chain.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
daisy chaining causes lots of noise issues, does it not?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
A buddy of mine got a $30 Boss PSA-120 adapter and for another $10 got a daisy chain to power up to 8 pedals. The Boss adapter is specifically designed for that purpose so there's just as much power for the pedal at the end of the line as the first one in. No noise issues I'm aware of.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Or your next pedal could be a Boss TU-2 tuner and get a daisy chain. That would serve 3 purposes; tuner, power supply & as a bypass to cut your signal when needed.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by chea_man
daisy chaining causes lots of noise issues, does it not?

does it?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Some people say they do, some don't. I use a One Spot, and I don't have any problems with noise. It may depend on the number and types of pedals you're using. I run 5 on mine.
some good info here:

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/diyhome.htm (scroll down to "powering your pedals")

I use one of the ones he advises against, but now i'm scared...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?