I'm looking for an RG under $1200. I play rock-metal and want a locking trem, and I've heard ibanez's are awesome for that. I've considered the rg1570,rg1550,rg420(don't care if it's an edge III),rg320,rg770, and for a little more, an rg3550MZ. I love the look of the rg3550 and the rg770.
I'd say the 3550mz because it offers all the great features of the prestige line and adds a set of DiMarzio pups.Also,it looks great,which is icing on the cake.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

RG1550m. 'cause it's badass. Plus, you can use the money you save to replace the pickups.
Quote by ch0
RG1550M with new pickups. Edge Pro > Edge Zero

That.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 25, 2009,
RG1550M with new pickups. Edge Pro > Edge Zero
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...