I'm cheap and I need a new amp. I play hard rock and metal and plan on getting an ibanez rg. I use a boss octave pedal also.
99% will suggest a vypyr
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
vypyr, deffinately.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Vypyr. More versatile, more reliable, better sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
please dont make the same mistake i did on my 2nd amp.... pick the vypyr... please... lol, i have a Randall RM100 now so it doesnt matter for me anymore
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
i have an mg
cleans are ok distortion not all that bad but kinda generally sux imo
go with the vypyr i'm getting one soon
I have one of the 15 watt Vypers, it is a beast, easily outperforms any practice amp in (and often above) its price range
If I'm getting the vypyr, does the 2nd speaker make a big difference? I want to be able to gig sometime in the future...
Quote by MikeCampbellCKY
If I'm getting the vypyr, does the 2nd speaker make a big difference? I want to be able to gig sometime in the future...

well if u want to gig ur going to want the tube vypyr or a better tube amp, if not get like the 30w solid state one
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
i have 30watt vypyr and i love it. great versatility.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
Vypyr, which one? and what size is the place where you're going to gig?
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Quote by Xanron
Vypyr, which one? and what size is the place where you're going to gig?

solid state one. The tube one is too expensive. I don't know exactly. Would the 75w be good for something like a school gym for a battle of the bands or somethin? It would be mic'd and everything. Or would I have to get the 120 watt 2x12?
The 30 can do that... my 75's never gone past 4 at a gig, unmiced.. It's that loud. But they sound fairly different due to the different cab size.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
neither

get a peavey envoy
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
I have a peavey rage 158 now, and its more of a clean amp...

I have wanted a Marshall JCM2000 and a Peavey XXX ever since I develop my ear, but I can't afford it.
PEEEEEEVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

in other words

Peavey =)
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.