Meh.

Okay, so it DID sound pretty effing good (especially when cranked, obviously), but I don't get the hype. I went in expecting some sort of holy-grail, but I was very disappointed. Basically, it sounds like a Mesa Mark I + a tube screamer. Seriously. Definitely not worth the $50,000 price tag or the hype. I guess if you could get one new from H.A. Dumble, it would be worth it (since they sell for ~$2k direct from the manufacturer). Sigh.

I'm bored and in L.A. over break. I know, I know "cool story, bro".

Oh, and my main rig has been going through some drastic changes. Check it out!

(no, this is not a troll)
I imagined that was so. The only reason they're so expensive is because they're collector's items. Same with Trainwrecks (or so I'd guess) .
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I imagined that was so. The only reason they're so expensive is because they're collector's items. Same with Trainwrecks (or so I'd guess) .

I am dying to play a Trainwreck. The Glenn Kuykendall 'wreck video on Youtube always makes me cream my pants.
Apparently my best friend/guitarist who plays in another band played through a Trainwreck on the album they recorded. The tone was meh, but I don't think it was a real Trainwreck, he wouldn't have known either way.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yeah i love the sound of them but i agree you can get that sound without buying a dumble.
however, as i understand it, only the very best of players really can get the most out of a dumble. (robben ford and the likes)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
yeah i love the sound of them but i agree you can get that sound without buying a dumble.
however, as i understand it, only the very best of players really can get the most out of a dumble. (robben ford and the likes)

Maybe. It is a very responsive amp and if you're sloppy, it will show up; thus, the amp won't sound very good if your chops aren't up to snuff. Then again, I've played a lot of high end amps that are like this, so I don't think it's anything on which Dumble has a monopoly.

On the flip side, I think Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, SRV, Eric Johnson, etc could coax a sexy sound out of a Frontman 15 and a Squier.
You don't crank Dumbles, they aren't meant to be cranked. Sure they are loud as hell and they intended to be played that way. That said they are designed so the power amp does not clip, HAD designed the clipping to come almost entirely from the preamp. Did you play a HRM or Non HRM ODS (50W or 100W)?

They are tricky amps to play and get used to for sure. They are not for everyone. Once you have one and get it tweaked to your needs and get to know it though your in tone nirvana....