Maybe you've seen my NGD from earlier today... heres my problem

A friend of mine came over today and he was playing my new guitar. After a few minutes it got out of tune. I retuned it but within a few seconds it lost it's tuning again. After repeated attempts to get it tuned, I decided to change the strings.

When I got to the B string I saw the saddle was loose. (or at least I thoug it was) so stupid me, not knowing anything about it just turned the little screw with my finger until it was tight. I didn't realize that screw moves the actual saddle, and I guess messed up the intonation.

I'm extremely frustrated right now and I need to know how to fix this Could someone help me out?
I hate my sig
what kind of tuner do you have? If its at least +/-1 cent you should be able to do it yourself. I'm sure there's tutorials all over this site so use the search bar. Good luck.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
what kind of tuner do you have? If its at least +/-1 cent you should be able to do it yourself. I'm sure there's tutorials all over this site so use the search bar. Good luck.

How can I adjust intonation when the strings not on? I could put the string on but then how could I move the saddle?

Oh and my tuner is a Sabine. I think it's pretty decent
I hate my sig
Last edited by QuantumMechanix at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241 Read through here mate it'll have all the instructions you need. And yea you have to put the string on and to adjust the intonation well you gotta do it with great precision and do it slowly I've seen so many people screw up simple jobs just to save a few seconds.

Ok, that helped, but how do I adjust the saddle when the string is on? Some special kind of screwdriver?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Ok, that helped, but how do I adjust the saddle when the string is on? Some special kind of screwdriver?

Normal screwdriver and just angle it from the side or from the top. Shit haven't done this in a while so I've forgotten. Ummm yeah on my Eclipse I just do it from the top, the screws don't require alot of force to be turned so hopefully you can find something suitable.
a small phillips screwdriver will do the trick. I just intonated my mockingbird and it has a tune-o-matic bridge, if its too hard to turn the screw with the string at the desired tuning, loosen the string via the tuning peg and turn the screw, then tune up, double check the harmonic, repeat..etc.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Last edited by bob vila at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Normal screwdriver and just angle it from the side or from the top. Shit haven't done this in a while so I've forgotten. Ummm yeah on my Eclipse I just do it from the top, the screws don't require alot of force to be turned so hopefully you can find something suitable.

Damn. This is gonna be a pain. But thanks man, I'll let you guys know if it works out.
I hate my sig
Quote by bob vila
a small phillips screwdriver will do the trick. I just intonated my mockingbird and it has a tune-o-matic bridge, if its too hard to turn the screw with the string on, loosen the string via the tuning peg and turn it, then tune up, double check the harmonic..etc, etc.

Flat head for mine. Thanks
I hate my sig
Cool, i thought it would be the same as I'm pretty sure you are referring to your epi. Dont be intimidated by intonation, its really easy. It may be obvious but I will say it anyways, make sure you intonate your guitar to the desired tuning.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
also, after the new strings settle in, if you find the guitar is still falling out of tune,

you'll want to check that the bridge is balanced.

it's all in the setup thread. which i think is the link that phil already gave you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What kind of guitar are you talking about? I know standard trem guitars are a bitch to change tunings in since it takes a long time to get it leveled out on all strings. But adjusting the saddle up and down hight wise only changes the hight of your action, moving the saddle in and out changes the innotaion. But the best way to innotate in my opinion is the 12 fretting method instead of the 12 fret harmonic method.
Quote by ethan_hanus
What kind of guitar are you talking about? I know standard trem guitars are a bitch to change tunings in since it takes a long time to get it leveled out on all strings. But adjusting the saddle up and down hight wise only changes the hight of your action, moving the saddle in and out changes the innotaion. But the best way to innotate in my opinion is the 12 fretting method instead of the 12 fret harmonic method.

It's the Epi. No trem. and I don't know what two methods you're referring to, but I used the method in the link that azn posted. It seemed to work decently. Easier than I thought, but the problem doesn't seem to be entirely fixed. It's good enough for now, but I might end up returning this guitar. (I only got it 2 days ago)
I hate my sig