Page 1 of 2
Time seems to be going so fast compared to when I was a kid, I don't know whether it's because I wasn't really aware of it when I was a kid or what but it's really weird how fast time seems to be going by.

Does anyone else get this feeling?
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Yeah, school years have been seeming really short lately.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Its supposed to feel like that. It means you're normal. Or that we used to be normal, and are now just piles of anxiety and fear wrapped in a thin layer of ambition which can only hold it together for so long...

Embrace the tragedy dude, its meant to be
How old are you, ts? I didn't start feeling that way until I got to college and then everything sped up, it's a bit ridiculous. I was wearing suits and making Blackberry calls at 20, and I freaked out that I was growing up too quickly. I shaved my head into a mohawk and dropped some clients so now I'm a bit less busy and have a little more time to be young before I graduate next winter.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
That's because as you get older, any period of time is a smaller fraction of your overall life. When you're 40, a year is a 40th of your life, but if you were 8 it'd be an 1/8th. It doesn't seem like a lot between a kid and a teenager, but it happens.
You know how when you were younger, an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. The longer you've been here, the more time will feel as if it going quicker.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by alexmonty12
That's because as you get older, any period of time is a smaller fraction of your overall life. When you're 40, a year is a 40th of your life, but if you were 8 it'd be an 1/8th. It doesn't seem like a lot between a kid and a teenager, but it happens.

This man knows his Stephen Hawking
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Quote by FileDeleted
You know how when you were younger, an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. The longer you've been here, the more time will feel as if it going quicker.

So soon enough a century will feel like a day.
=3
I know what you mean, primary school seemed to of lasted an eternity, like it would never end. Now high school has been like "whooaaaaa" and here I am in tertiary education
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
So soon enough a century will feel like a day.
=3

If you can long enough.
and yes, that is a challenge
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by Sid McCall
How old are you, ts? I didn't start feeling that way until I got to college and then everything sped up, it's a bit ridiculous. I was wearing suits and making Blackberry calls at 20, and I freaked out that I was growing up too quickly. I shaved my head into a mohawk and dropped some clients so now I'm a bit less busy and have a little more time to be young before I graduate next winter.

Turning 18 in a few weeks, it just got me thinking that's all.

I remember how summer holidays and shit like that used to seem like an eternity, and now it just seems so short, sometime I wonder if time is actually speeding up literally
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
It's because the Dark Tower's power is weakening. There are only 2 beams left holding it up.
yes, this is my first year out of high school and it has gone so so fast. Seems like only yesterday I was graduating, best week ever! i'm getting all nostalgic
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
yea man high school was over hella fast for me.

Quote by daytripper75
It's because the Dark Tower's power is weakening. There are only 2 beams left holding it up.

and you deserve copious amounts of sex for even bringing that book up.
Last edited by btones at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by transplants182
This man knows his Stephen Hawking

Thats not Stephen Hawking, thats 3rd-4th grade math! Its nothing but simple fractions!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I have a theory... you know how ads on TV seem to be really long the first time you watch them? It's because you're processing the information and taking it all in, making sense of it, I presume. It might be the same thing in a sense when experiencing life, when you're a kid you aren't so experienced and when you're older some things come automatically. Therefore I say *brain melt*

Am I talking jibberish here? The answer is probably.
Quote by daytripper75

I think I love you.
(those darn breakers in Algul Siento)
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
This year has gone insanely fast for me, and i'm 19, last year of being a teenager for me .
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I'm 16 and i feel this everyday, but sometimes i feel lost in time, like it's completely stopped and everything is moving but I'm staying them same.
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. -- Catcher in the Rye
Quote by loaded_
i feel old. is that normal when you're 16?

i feel the same way, and i'm 16 too
Every night when I lay my head on my pillow I think back and wonder, "wasn't I just here like 5 seconds ago??" Time is flying my friend. Try and catch it
Time is relative
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Sorta. Its weird... school years feel short, while school days feel like they go on forever. If you know what I mean.

Like lectures today felt like they weren't gonna end. But on the other hand my undergrad years are gonna go by in a flash.
MATTERHORN
*Looks at clock*

Still chugging along at one second per second as usual. Nothing new here folks.
Quote by NuSiK
I think I love you.
(those darn breakers in Algul Siento)

lol

I'm actually reading the last book right now, so don't ruin it for me. I'm at the part right before they're ready to attack Algul Siento actually.
Quote by Thrace
Time seems to be going so fast compared to when I was a kid, I don't know whether it's because I wasn't really aware of it when I was a kid or what but it's really weird how fast time seems to be going by.

Does anyone else get this feeling?

Smoke a lot of weed. Time goes by uber slow. Problem solved.

Plus, at least for me, it gets me really interested and involved in my surroundings, bringing back that child-like sense of amazement and wonder at the things around me.

Just sayin'.
Quote by LifesDisorder
i feel old and im only 17, i wish i was a little kid again... life was easier back then.

Being a kid wasn't "easier". You were ignorant to the world around you.

Life would have been just as you see it now if you knew everything you know now.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Nov 26, 2009,
Yes. A year feels like five minutes, and we have only got about 70 years. Life is way too short and it's quite deppresing. I'm ok with dying, I just wish we had more time, and I still hope there is some sort of afterlife.
I came into this thread thinking it was about the "missing time" phenomenon. I am disappoint.

But I do know what you mean. Every year that goes by feels shorter than the last one. Which sucks, because I'm going to graduate high school in June, and it's really overwhelming having that major life change coming closer and closer. I just wanna be a kid, man.
You become more aware of your surroundings, and start focusing more on specifics instead of a broader spectrum, and time goes by faster focusing on a smaller thing rather than a larger one.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2