Sup guys, I got about $200 or so dollars to spend, but I could stretch to $250. I am willing to go used. I live in Dayton, Ohio. For genres, I am still unsure, but I mostly play Metal, Blues, Indie, Rock, Psychobilly, etc. So in other words, looking for a balanced amp

Could really use some help guys, oh, and btw, this is just for bedroom practice, nothing more. + Im probably gonna buy a separate Od/Distortion pedal, but that's on a totally different budget, so I could use some good recommedations.
Thanks guys
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Quote by MattAnderson111

Funny, I was looking into that one, I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good amp. Have you used it? Does it sound good?
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

I haven't had a chance to play one personally, but people seem to like them. Just go to your local guitar store and try it out. I'd recommend you buy a separate distortion pedal for metal though; on-board distortion never seems good enough for metal.
If you want to go for a small tube amp, I'd suggest the Bugera V5. It seems like apretty good amp. Probably enough gain on tap for metal, and good cleans.

Though if you want something with effects and stuff, go for the Vypyr 30W.

Probably go for the Vypyr since your only going to be using if for bedroom practice.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 25, 2009,
bugera v5 is a vintage voiced amp, might not be capable of metal, but everything its got.

the vyper is a bit iffy for some people, i found them to not be to my likeing(sit down and play) but TS you should try out amps at a local guitar center or shop
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!