Sorry if this has been asked before,

But what is the difference between an

RG 550, 560, and a 570?
Dunnow, but none of them are current production models sold in the US. Usually it's slight variations in design, like pickup and pick guard configuration, with model numbers that close.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 25, 2009,
550 - HSH with pickguard
560 - HSS without pickguard
570 - HSH without pickguard.

I think that is pretty much the only differences really.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
550 - HSH with pickguard

yep, otherwise they're identical.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
550 - HSH with pickguard

Bingo. RG550 is the most desirable among those guitars. Probably due to the fact that a pick guard on an RG = sex.

(I could have gotten a 560 instead of my 550 and saved a little cash, but it's a 550; c'mon!)
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
also, most 570's have rosewood fretboards, and most 550's have maple.

not ALWAYS true, but 95% of the time.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I <3 maple
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by justinb904
Dunnow, but none of them are current production models sold in the US. Usually it's slight variations in design, like pickup and pick guard configuration, with model numbers that close.

Aren't the prestiege models such as the RG1570 and RG3550 essentially rg550 and rg570's? Pretty sure they are although I'm not one of the ibanez guys who know the whole story.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
Aren't the prestiege models such as the RG1570 and RG3550 essentially rg550 and rg570's? Pretty sure they are although I'm not one of the ibanez guys who know the whole story.

Yep, the 1 and 3 before the 550 just designates it as a higher end model. There are a few exceptions, but anything 1--- or above is Prestige, 8--- are J-Customs (there are some J-Customs that arent 8--- though)
Quote by Slanderous666

pretty much. besides the AANJ (which is on most original RG550's and 570's anyway) and the 3 piece necks with volutes (i think they're 3 piece, maybe 5?) they're essentially the same. some even have the original edge tremolo. and similar pickups. the necks are supposedly stronger because they're 3 or 5 piece, but my wizard neck on my '91 RG570 is still straight as an arrow. so honestly i don't think thats all that important, but thats debatable.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Slanderous666
It's the 1xxx series of Prestige models that are closest, specs wise, to the original 5xx models.
Quote by Marty Friedman