god knows why i'm thinking i'll get serious awnsers but what does it really take to get signed to a label?

i mean, do you have to play for like 3-4 years prior doing local gigs and getting a fanbase? do you just need to know the right people? do you have to have heaps of hits or can you get on a label by having some well thought out, sometimes complex songs? right place right time? and can you get signed if you have some good not great music and just be commited to chasing local gigs and working hard til someone spots / hears about you? what are the pits real thoughts here

TLR Gtfo
Quote by batman187
blowjobs

This. And if at the end of the day you're exhausted and your face is dripping wet, well that just means you did an honest day's work.
hard work, dedication, a little luck and being in the right place in the right time, ability to be a good business partner
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you expect good answers about something guitar-related, the Pit is obviously not the right place.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
talent. people that think you need to suck up (or suck off) producers and promoters to get famous are just making up excuses they can't make it because they don't have talent.