DigiTech RP355 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
DigiTech Whammy Pedal with MIDI Control

I am trying to choose between these three pedals and I am kind of confused about what each one is supposed to offer. The most important thing on these pedals to me are the Whammy effect and the Wah Wah effect, which I know the Whammy pedal with MIDI control doesn't have. I think that if the whammy and wah-wah sound good on the RP355, then it would be the best to get because it has so many effects, but I'm not really sure on how it works, or if it works how I want it to. Can anyone explain to me the differences between these three, and possibly reccommend one for me? I mostly need it just for Rage Against the Machine- like songs, but it would be nice to have alot of other effects too.
Quote by Wcc17
DigiTech RP355 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
DigiTech Whammy Pedal with MIDI Control

I am trying to choose between these three pedals and I am kind of confused about what each one is supposed to offer. The most important thing on these pedals to me are the Whammy effect and the Wah Wah effect, which I know the Whammy pedal with MIDI control doesn't have. I think that if the whammy and wah-wah sound good on the RP355, then it would be the best to get because it has so many effects, but I'm not really sure on how it works, or if it works how I want it to. Can anyone explain to me the differences between these three, and possibly reccommend one for me? I mostly need it just for Rage Against the Machine- like songs, but it would be nice to have alot of other effects too.

I would personally go for the EX-7. I own an RP and the wah/whammy on it just doesnt cut it.
well ummm you can get the whammy pedal.
my buddy who is in a RATM coverband bought that and a grunge pedal (also DigiTech).
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Go for the Whammy and get a separate wah. That would provide the best sound quality of all your options.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have got a Digitech Whammy, and I love it. I love it a lot. I tried sexin' it, but, 1/4" just isn't big enough.

If you want a real Tom Morello Whammy effect, you gotta have 2 Digitech Whammys. 1 at the start of your signal chain, and 1 after your distortion. That's how I believe he has it set up. I do know that he has 2 for sure.
..I was watching my death.
Not to threadjack or anything, but are there just a select few Digitech pedals that aren't utter crap, or is it just their multi-effect units I'm thinking of that suck?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Not to threadjack or anything, but are there just a select few Digitech pedals that aren't utter crap, or is it just their multi-effect units I'm thinking of that suck?

The lower end of the RP line suck. The lower end line of any brand's selection sucks.

I have played the newer/larger/etc RP models. They aren't that bad for a multi-fx unit.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
The lower end of the RP line suck. The lower end line of any brand's selection sucks.

I have played the newer/larger/etc RP models. They aren't that bad for a multi-fx unit.

Actually, I've been using their RP50 for a year and a half, and it really sounds pretty good. You have to set your amp for a clean setting, however, and use the Digitech to model amps or add distortion or else you get excessive noise. But for, like, $50 (seen it for $20 used on Craigslist), it's a lot of gear for a beginner, and it doubles as an earphone amp. Having played awhile now, I see where you get much richer tone from separate effects pedals or a straight line into your amp, but it's great for starting out or if funds are limited.