Hey guys, a few questions. I've got a few songs done, and more coming and I should start writing the music down, rather than going off of memory. How should I go about this? I'm not good enough with sheet music to write it like that, and I could tab it, but how should I go about it? Like pay a kid 30 bucks to fill a notebook with tab lines? Lol thanks guys, knda amateur question haha.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
If you can remeber them then that is all you need. But if you need them tabbed man up and do it yourself.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
I film my ideas on a video camera that way I can hear it and see what fingerings I'm using.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Find tablature lines online and print off a few hundred copies, or even type the tabs up yourself on the computer. I think you can find tabluture lines on this website, even.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty good with memory, but I've almost got 8 songs. Piano, Bass guitar1, and guitar 2 notes can get hard to remember. Thanks brahs
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by acidhendrix
Hey guys, a few questions. I've got a few songs done, and more coming and I should start writing the music down, rather than going off of memory. How should I go about this? I'm not good enough with sheet music to write it like that, and I could tab it, but how should I go about it? Like pay a kid 30 bucks to fill a notebook with tab lines? Lol thanks guys, knda amateur question haha.

There's no reason to do sheet music, as my teacher said during my first ever lesson "Sheet music is boring as hell, if you just beat yourself with a hammer for three hours you'll have a much better time"

I would recommend tabbing it, also I would recommend recording it on a cheap PC microphone or a voice recorder in case you don't play it for a long time and forget how it goes.
Quote by santa_man99
There's no reason to do sheet music, as my teacher said during my first ever lesson "Sheet music is boring as hell, if you just beat yourself with a hammer for three hours you'll have a much better time"

I would recommend tabbing it, also I would recommend recording it on a cheap PC microphone or a voice recorder in case you don't play it for a long time and forget how it goes.

Your teacher said that? That seems very strange. Sheet music might not be the most useful thing for a guitarist, but it sure is handy to be able to read it fairly comfortably. That way whenever you're working with other instruments who don't use guitar tabs, playing isn't all of a sudden a bitch (try playing guitar tabs on a flute, or standard notation on a guitar when you have never done it before).

As for how to remember your songs, you'll have to find your own method(s). For me, I either notate it in guitar pro, write some tabs in a book I have, write down more basic stuff just so I can remember in my book, or just keep it all in my head. It all depends on the song, and what I have near me.
I highly suggest you do spend a few weeks learning the ins and outs of sheet music. There's more you can record on sheet music than on tabs.

In the mean time, just use tabs or download TuxGuitar or Guitar-Pro.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.