I'm getting a Jag Bass and I need an amp. I was thinking of getting the acoustic B100 amp along with a big muff bass pedal to give me a nice distorted tone. Is this a good setup? Or is there something else I'm going to need? Thanks.
Big Muffs suck royal balls IMO, but do you plan on gigging? The B100, as nice as it is, will probably be underpowered for that.

For distortion I like the Ibanez PD-7 or an EHX Blogger.
My advice is to not get the Jag Bass. Waste of money in my opinion. Reasoning? Although it has all the knobs and switches for dialing in a tone, the tone isn't all that great, plus the neck is too glossy and not very playable. That could just be a personal opinion though.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I like the feel of the Jag so I def want to get it.

I do not plan on gigging, just some bedroom practice/small jam session with my guitar buddies.

I've always heard good things about the big muff...why is it no good??
Quote by Hams182
I like the feel of the Jag so I def want to get it.

I do not plan on gigging, just some bedroom practice/small jam session with my guitar buddies.

I've always heard good things about the big muff...why is it no good??
Well, the Big Muff Pi sounds alright but the thing is that usually people just get a guitar Big Muff, which sounds like utter shit and basically sucks out all the low end from your signal. You pretty much can't be heard like it.

Plus the Big Muff Pi just doesn't sound that good IMO... You basically can't hear any differences in the notes.
bass big muff is fine. they are all pi though, steve08. :P

MXR El Grande is much cooler, IMO.

do not get an expensive bass and an underpowered combo.

600- jag bass
250- acoustic b100
80- bass big muff
or,
300- Peavey Millenium ac bxp/squier VM jazz bass
500- Peavey Tour tnt 115 600 watter
100- MXR El Grande bass fuzz

I would highly suggest that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Listen to humanity when it comes to getting a better amp first. The vm series of squiers are great for the money.

But if you want to pick up a good bass fuzz that's cheap then you could go for the MXR el grande, or the bass big muff. I've had a lot of fuzzes and so far the one I like the most is the Bass Big Muff. It sounds great and holds low end really well. Do not waste your money on a guitar fuzz that someone tells you sounds great on bass. You'll lose low end and be non existent if you ever wanted to play in a band.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
I never plan on gigging so I do not see the point of getting a really big amp. What's the point of getting a 200 watt or bigger amp to play in my room? Will the smaller amp make the Jag sound terrible??
no, but it will be far too loud for your bedroom. get a smaller amp if you do not intend to gig. 50 below should be fine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom