I want to know the theoretical name for these, because I love them alot and I use them alot in my music, but I never know what to call them... Example

Gurren Lagann Chords

E---
B---
G---
D---11--------7
A---9----------5
E---7----------3

or

E
B
G
D---11---7
A---9-----5
D---9-----5

anybody wanna tell me what these are called?
Quote by NotSoAirJordan
First two are Badd9 and Gadd9

Next are F#5/C# and D5/A

The four chords have the same quality. I typically call them 5add9 chords. It means the same notes as sus2, but generally 5add9 tells people that they should stack two fifths, rather than just any random voicing.
sus2 chords im guessing?
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie
sus2 chords im guessing?

This.

I'd simply call them suspended chords. No use making them more complicated than what they really are.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by tenfold
Actually they're sus2, not add9 because there's no third.

The second set are 4th intervals with octave, or a power slash chord.

5add9 indicates no third. I find 5add9 gives better insight to the voicing than sus2 does.
Quote by isaac_bandits
5add9 indicates no third. I find 5add9 gives better insight to the voicing than sus2 does.

I agree with isaac kinda, mainly because those kind of sus2 chords are played along with powerchords, so calling them 5add9 is sorta showing they are played like a powerchord, rather then an actual sus2 chord. i do know what everyone means though with saying add9 isnt techniqually right, but 5add9 imo sounds better to recognize the voicing, but both work so :3
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by isaac_bandits

that's actually what I was thinking. even though it would be more correct to call em sus2 chords, if you said Bsus2 I'd think

-

but if you said B5add9 I'd think

-
-
-

and in that case the voicing is pretty important. sus2 makes you think full chord voicing, whereas 5add9 makes you think stacked 5ths
Quote by The4thHorsemen
that's actually what I was thinking. even though it would be more correct to call em sus2 chords, if you said Bsus2 I'd think

-

but if you said B5add9 I'd think

-
-
-

and in that case the voicing is pretty important. sus2 makes you think full chord voicing, whereas 5add9 makes you think stacked 5ths

Gsus2add13(no5), Cmajor

tomato, tamoto same thing
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Gsus2add13(no5), Cmajor

This little thing called context makes your statement false.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Gsus2add13(no5), Cmajor

Gsus2add13(no5) = G A B E
C = C E G

Not the same thing at all.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Gsus2add13(no5) = G A B E
C = C E G

Not the same thing at all.

where'd the B come from? your point still stands, but that chord wouldn't have an 11 since it's add13
Quote by The4thHorsemen
where'd the B come from? your point still stands, but that chord wouldn't have an 11 since it's add13

Actually add13 implies a 9 and 11, although they are often omitted. Although I could be wrong and thinking of something else... 0__o
Quote by canvasDude
Actually add13 implies a 9 and 11, although they are often omitted. Although I could be wrong and thinking of something else... 0__o

nope, if it's just 13 then it implies 7, 9, and 11, though the 7th and 5th can be omitted as you said (i think, not really sure which ones are cool to leave out), but with add chords it simply adds that one note.
Quote by The4thHorsemen

My bad. It should have just been G A E. Either way its different from C.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
nope, if it's just 13 then it implies 7, 9, and 11, though the 7th and 5th can be omitted as you said (i think, not really sure which ones are cool to leave out), but with add chords it simply adds that one note.

Sorry, I always get the two confused for some reason...

THAT"S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

*hears no laughter*