Page 1 of 3
So my 360 broke again. It's not reading disks, so I went to my local game store and had them check it out for free and they couldn't work it. I'm starting to really hate Microsoft. My original xbox red rings and freezes, although it is still playable, and my current 360 red ringed twice and now doesn't read discs and I swear I've taken care of it. On top of that I bought a controller charger pack for $70 and it doesn't work.
I'm fed up but still willing to give the box another try because I do love it when it works. I'm just wondering what you would do if this happened to you? Would you send it to Microsoft for repair?(bear in mind it's out of warranty). Would you buy a replacement part and try to fix it yourself? Would you buy the Elite bundle for $300? Or screw it, trade in all your xbox stuff and buy a PS3?
I would use a PC.

Seriously, most of the good games that come out end up on PC either at the same time, or a few months later. The ones that don't usually are crap anyways.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
they have a warranty for a reason, if u dont know hwo to use it, stop complaining
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Do the penny thing, it makes it less prone to freezing, overheating, and stops the main cause of red rings.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Microsoft doesn't make the disk drives...you can't really blame them for this.

Also, what's happened to your warranty? MS's warranty coverage on the 360 is awesome....better than either of the other consoles.

edit: And why the hell would you pay $70 for a charger pack? A Play n' Chage kit is much better, and way cheaper.

Quote by Black Star
I would use a PC.

Seriously, most of the good games that come out end up on PC either at the same time, or a few months later. The ones that don't usually are crap anyways.

This is assuming he has the money to do that. Most people don't. Console gaming is much cheaper and much less of a hassle...especially if you already have a console, like TS here.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 25, 2009,
Get a PS3, or go PC if you have a good one. Microsoft should just stick to software, its where they started and are strong. Them making hardware has proven to be a disaster.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by Mutant Corn

Dude, they designed the console - they chose the drives to use. If they skimp out and use cheap drives its their fault.
Quote by Stormx
Dude, they designed the console - they chose the drives to use. If they skimp out and use cheap drives its their fault.

Have you looked at the drives it uses? They're not cheaply made...there just happened to be a bad run of them.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn

Also, what's happened to your warranty? MS's warranty coverage on the 360 is awesome....better than either of the other consoles.

edit: And why the hell would you pay $70 for a charger pack? A Play n' Chage kit is much better, and way cheaper.

This is assuming he has the money to do that. Most people don't. Console gaming is much cheaper and much less of a hassle...especially if you already have a console, like TS here.

This guy knows his sh!t. I agree 100%.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
My 360 got the rrod

Then I fixed it with the x-clamp fix

Then it broke again 2 months later

Then I reapplied the heatsink paste and fixed it again

Then it broke again 10 minutes later

Then, I

failed to bring it back
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Kevguy47
Get a PS3, or go PC if you have a good one. Microsoft should just stick to software, its where they started and are strong. Them making hardware has proven to be a disaster.

I doubt that Microsoft's hardware failure is purely unintentional.

The original Xbox and its accessories usually never had problems, at least not with me.

About everything that's associated with the 360 seems to break after only having it for them while.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
my used 360 rrod after three years atleast i have my ps3 still.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Surely this cant be coincidence? Ever personal i know who has owned an Xbox has had the red rings, Microsoft has got to be screwing people over here.

What ever i don't care, my PC is a beast, and my I bought a PS3 on release date and it's never had a problem

Plus the graphics on PS3 destroys Xbox.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Dude just get a ps3 I've had mine since day one with not one problem. I gave up on microsoft after my first 360 ****ed up. Most games are on both systems and the ps3 has better exclusives then the 360 IMO.
I've had my Elite 360 for over a year and a half and it's never given any problems. But yes, I am aware of how unreliable this generation of consoles are. My PS3 got the yellow light about a month ago though.
Quote by loudog93
am I the only person who hasn't had any xbox troubles since I got mine?

Right there with ya.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
This is why i went and got a ps3 ( playing it right now ) yea my xbox dont read disk ...now wtf am I gonna do with my games? ( not that many )
Quote by Mutant Corn
\This is assuming he has the money to do that. Most people don't. Console gaming is much cheaper and much less of a hassle...especially if you already have a console, like TS here.

So, you'd rather pay $300 for the system itself, plus $40 per game, and $20 per extra controller, on something that ONLY plays games?

As opposed to a decent desktop PC that's about $500, plus about $20 per game, and can play almost the exact same games, as well as do just about anything else you need it to?
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
So, you'd rather pay $300 for the system itself, plus $40 per game, and $20 per extra controller, on something that ONLY plays games?

As opposed to a decent desktop PC that's about $500, plus about $20 per game, and can play almost the exact same games, as well as do just about anything else you need it to?

i dont know where you get your prices bro, a full functional gaming computer will be minimum 1500$, computer games are usually 60$, monthly fees for alot of games are 15$ a month, a good gaming keyboard mouse and over sized monitor are another 400-500$, they can only be played by one person per screen (consoles are 4)

its quite easy to see why teh non-hardcore gamer will choose a console.

edit/ consoles nowadays are not only for games, excluding being a full our computer, they do almost everything else now, internet broswers, media players, etc

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by dmiwshicldply
buy a playstation 3 basically the same games give or take a few, blue ray capabilities and free online. I wish i wouldve got one instead of a 360

I have both. Xbox > PS3 by far.

The money you pay for the online really does go somewhere, just not often enough.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i dont know where you get your prices bro, a full functional gaming computer will be minimum 1500$, computer games are usually 60$, monthly fees for alot of games are 15$ a month, a good gaming keyboard mouse and over sized monitor are another 400-500$, they can only be played by one person per screen (consoles are 4)

Maybe if you want to play Crysis on high settings on an Alienware laptop, you might have to pay $1500. A fully functional gaming PC can easily run $500. All you need is a Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM, and at least 512mb graphics card, and you can play most games out there today. I'm getting a laptop that matches the recommended requirements for Crysis for $700, new.

Computer games $60? From GameStop, maybe. Left 4 Dead 2 is only $50, and it's a new, highly anticipated game. Wait about a month or two, and it'll be down to about $35. In 6 months, it'll probably be at about $25.

Monthly fees existed on consoles for some time, too. Xbox Live? Regardless, the only games I'm aware of with monthly fees are MMORPG's, which I believe console versions of those games come with the same fees. Final Fantasy XI?

Finally, yes, you can only play one person per screen. However, anybody who's going to consistently buy new XBox's because they keep breaking is far from your "average gamer". They're sole purpose for the system is probably not to play with family members.

And yes, they do play media files and connect to the internet. However, which excels at that, plus is upgradable to keep up with new technology?
Quote by MuffinMan
Last edited by Black Star at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by King Twili
I have both. Xbox > PS3 by far.

The money you pay for the online really does go somewhere, just not often enough.

Where. Does. That. Money. Go.
Quote by Albert Einstein
Nuh-uh. Nuh-uh. NUH-UH. NOPE. NO! NOPE! WRONG! NO! UR AN IDIOT! STFU! GTFO!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Eyebrows has no Whoopi Goldberg, for never is she surprised?

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
Where. Does. That. Money. Go.

Into many of the features xbox live has that PSN does not.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
ps3 > xbox, just look up the fail rates on both. I don't care about warranty, but I do care about having to send a console back and forth because it's built like shit and or too compact to vent properly.

I like the PS3 also because it has Blu Ray. Blu Ray > DVD.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
There's a reason Xbox charges for their Live, The features are extremely better than the PSN's. I can, at the least, get into parties with my friends and just talk.

Graphic wise they're the same.

The Xbox Controller is the single greatest controller of all time IMHO I thought my PS2 controller was the best ever, boy was I wrong.

The only good exclusive games the PS3 has is Uncharted and Twisted Metal.

The only shitty thing is the failure rate.
Quote by KGB_INC
Right there with ya.

As am I.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Ps3
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by SeEsAw12
There's a reason Xbox charges for their Live, The features are extremely better than the PSN's. I can, at the least, get into parties with my friends and just talk.

Graphic wise they're the same.

The Xbox Controller is the single greatest controller of all time IMHO I thought my PS2 controller was the best ever, boy was I wrong.

The only good exclusive games the PS3 has is Uncharted and Twisted Metal.

The only shitty thing is the failure rate.

Xbox d-pad sucks. Beware if you pick up a 2d fighting game.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Xbox d-pad sucks. Beware if you pick up a 2d fighting game.

ps3 joysticks are garbage

i hate them, it goes from barely moving the screen to huge movements, no smooth transition, made me use teh d-pad instead, which i do not prefer.

and no true trigger is really stupid considering the main console games happen to be fps games.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

i hate them, it goes from barely moving the screen to huge movements, no smooth transition, made me use teh d-pad instead, which i do not prefer.

and no true trigger is really stupid considering the main console games happen to be fps games.

And keyboards >>> a controller for playing an fps.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Eh? Watcha talkin' 'bout boy?
And I do just fine without true trigger, really.

^+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 3