Its on my profile "The Month After October".
I have been listening to alot of post-y stuff over the last few months so I am trying my hand at it. First time Ive tried hardcore-style vocals, probably wont be the last.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Will+Terhart/

Wrote and recorded it all today.

Give me a link and I will c4c for sure.
I just realized my mixdown got screwy, youll have to fast forward it to about 30 seconds in, but the whole song's there
Really well recorded, Liked your harsh vocals alot. The song is a bit slow for my personal taste but thats really just my preference. Has a really good feel to it, lots of emotion. Well done.
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Overall a good solid peace, great job man! The whole song seemed to drag a bit and was kind of repetitive, though that could have just been the tempo. I was getting a bit of an "Agalloch" vibe from the song which is definitely a good thing. I thought your clean singing was good, but it was a little hard to understand. Also I wasn't the biggest fan of your growls, not bad, but didn't really grab me. Probably more of a preference than anything, but I thought it worth mentioning. I liked how you did the clean and harsh vocals on top of each other at the end, definitely a cool effect though I still didn't like the growls. Keep it up man, I can see this going somewhere! If you want to crit mine here it be: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235553
Song would be sooooo beautiful without the forced, pretentious growling/screaming. The lead singer has such a hypnotizing voice, and it gets shamefully ruined by the idiot screaming like a retard.

Beautiful song of plight and sorrow, ruined by nothing more than a stupid fad. Beautiful singing, but then spoiled by such foolishness. What a shame.
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Nov 26, 2009,
Dude, all the vox are me LOL. For that matter, everything is me except the drums (those are IDrum)

Im glad you like everything but the hxc vox though. If you like dark, slow stuff like this, you should check out the songs "...Start Over From The Beginning", "Gone (katatonia cover)" and "Clypaestroida" on my profile; theyre all in a similar style but without distorted vox.
Holy shit, Nidra is a great song. THAT is what I'm talking about. All it needs is my drums, and it would rule all the Earth. hahaha...

Get a bodhran in there, and you've got gold, me friend!
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Nov 26, 2009,
Guitars sound a little out of tune here and there which becomes so very noticeable on such a slow song with a sparse arrangement. For the clean parts I think the snare sound is horrible. Not a big fan of the "omitted" time from the hi-hat and ride either, it feels as if the piece just stops when you don't have that straight 8th feel going. The distorted guitars could use a little top, they are more than a little muddy.

Overall I liked the song and I'll join most commentators: your straight singing is far superior to your growl which feels forced (like almost everything I sing...). I miss some part that will break the song into two pieces though, just a short little melodic idea or a guitar solo. Something like that.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
Guitars sound a little out of tune here and there which becomes so very noticeable on such a slow song with a sparse arrangement. For the clean parts I think the snare sound is horrible. Not a big fan of the "omitted" time from the hi-hat and ride either, it feels as if the piece just stops when you don't have that straight 8th feel going. The distorted guitars could use a little top, they are more than a little muddy.

Overall I liked the song and I'll join most commentators: your straight singing is far superior to your growl which feels forced (like almost everything I sing...). I miss some part that will break the song into two pieces though, just a short little melodic idea or a guitar solo. Something like that.

I agree about the guitars being muddy, i can possibly fix that. I am curious as to what you listened to this with; headphones, nice stereo, shitty desktop speakers? I pumped up the volume and mid eq on the drums after listening to this on a decent stereo (not monitors). I did all the mixing on some mid quality, big diaphragm phillips headphones and I usually nitice a massive difference depending on what I play it back on.

Also what is it about that snare sample you particularly dislike?