I have noticed recently that when I hit notes that are in the upper part of my range I feel kind of light headed afterwards. I have a pretty powerful voice so my thought is I may be using too much air perhaps? I can hit the notes on pitch and it does not hurt my throat at all, but I do get that dizzy sensation and have a bit of a headache in the back of my head afterwards.

Any advice?
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
try breathing exercises, i don't know any off the top of my head but i know they can help.
It happens to me all the time.
Only on high, considering how I am a Tenor.

Try to cut down on air use, and focus your voice in front of you.

Also, bypassing the throat helps alot.
You should also try developing a good head voice.
..I was watching my death.
That's what happens the first few times you tap into a pure head voice. Your body isn't use to your head having a crazy amount of resonation yet.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
Quote by Oh_God_Its_Back
My girlfriend does that to me!
Feels pretty good!

^In a thread about strap-ons.
You are using too much air pressure, and likely pulling your chest voice. This is actually a very common issue, especially amongst loud singers. There is a common idea that when you go for a high note, you need to attack it with all you've got. False. You absolutely need to lighten up to maintain any sort of nimbleness in your upper register. It's a little like billiards. Beginners feel like if they need to make a tough shot, they've got to slam into the ball as hard as they can. The more experienced know that it takes accuracy and finesse, not overwhelming power. If you can develop excellent breath support and excellent resonance, you will be able to be loud and powerful, with very, very little effort.
Quote by -tempest-
try breathing exercises, i don't know any off the top of my head but i know they can help.

Breathing exercises, Why didn't I try that! How do you do it? Anyone?
So these past few days I have been working on holding back the airflow more when I sing, but it does not seem to be helping the dizzy headaches :/ it is also making some notes a bit flat it seems

Any other advice?
would a video/recording help?
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon