I unexpectedly ran into some money, and though I already ordered JJ's, i figured an extra pair of 6L6 is good to have around!

I found someone locally who has a pair of both Mesa and Svetlana (NON-wingedC) 6L6 tubes.

How do they differ tonally, and what would I be better off with? They'll be going in my Mesa DC-5. I play rock and metal and like a good strong thick overdrive, think recto/markish. I like my cleans to be sparkly.

Thank you
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Mesa are just rebranded Groove Tubes, nothing special. Way overpriced for what they are. They're a good "safe" tube as they're generally more neutral sounding, but also bland IMO, the Svetlanas will bring that amp to life.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thats all i needed, i kinda know svets OK, but i have no idea about mesas. I had GT's in my amp before, and when i put in JJ's, it just made it so much more alive.

Plus the svets are cheaper.

I hated the Mesa Black Shadow in my amp, i swapped for a V30 and man, its got some serious punch and kick you in the chest kind of feeling now
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

I honestly don't know if I've ever tried a Black Shadow, never checked the combos I've played. I keep seeing more and more people swapping those out though, weird

My new amp makes me happy though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com