... and I thought it came out pretty well considering that I've never actually done this sort of thing before.

Before:

After:

I kind of like the satin finish that is happening with the finish, but I'm wondering if it would look better with a gloss clearcoat over it. What do you guys think?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Much better! If it were up to me, I'd clear coat the shit out of it though. Not only does it look better to me, but it'll protect your finish.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

I would have keep the reverse concord paint job myself but good job anyway...........maybe give it a few coats of clear just for protection....I don't think you want it to be to glossy so dull it once it dries
Last edited by sytharnia1560 at Nov 26, 2009,
you could put a satin clear on it, the one that i use makes it a little glossy, but not glossy like a mirror, and tbh satin "feels" better to me... its up to you i guess.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I can see why you repainted it.
The original paint looks hideous. It bugs my eyes looking at the before pic.

It looks awesome now. I'd definately leave it satin. Feels great, looks great, and doesn't pick up fingerprints as much.
..I was watching my death.
That looks awesome. Although, its a shame you painted the string holes at the bottom. They would have looked cool black.
RIP Tom Searle.
Looks pretty nice but just curious, what paint did you use? I remember using some.. i think testors metallic spraypaint that looked just like that but no word of a lie took 2 years to fully dry that looks pretty cool though, not bad for a first time job.
Quote by MH400
That looks awesome. Although, its a shame you painted the string holes at the bottom. They would have looked cool black.

Have you ever tried to mask those off? If you have you'd probably understand why I painted them lol.

Quote by Shashing
Looks pretty nice but just curious, what paint did you use? I remember using some.. i think testors metallic spraypaint that looked just like that but no word of a lie took 2 years to fully dry that looks pretty cool though, not bad for a first time job.

I used some Rustoleum metallic blue paint that dries fully in a day. It's pretty good stuff and only cost me 4 bucks for a can. I think I'm gonna look into some satin clear coat. Would it be possible to get that in a spray can by any chance?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Ah alright, and yeah krylon have a few types of clear, one of them being satin or matte whatever you want to call it, I've used it it's nice.