http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/AzureNight/music/all/play739684

...but with no bass track yet, or vocals. I am very interested in some constructive criticism, particularly regarding song structure and the drum arrangement. Note that the playing is deliberately sloppy at times lol.

Cheers!

edit: profile is public now, my apologies.
Last edited by AzureNight at Nov 26, 2009,
I concur.

No cheers for you unless you actually make it possible for people to see the damned thing!
Oh shit lol I didn't notice it was private!

Edit: fixed. Sorry about that.
Last edited by AzureNight at Nov 26, 2009,
Damn, this immediately struck me as well recorded, love the fuzzy guitar tone and the clarity of the mix. Was disapointed that there are no vox; this is absolutely prime for it. Drags on a bit toward the end.
Thanks for the comment. Once I get a mic, you bet there will be vocals! I'm actually considering doing them in Polish rather than English. What part do you think dragged? I was actually thinking of doing the fadeout before the blastbeat part at the end began. What do you think?
Quote by AzureNight
Thanks for the comment. Once I get a mic, you bet there will be vocals! I'm actually considering doing them in Polish rather than English. What part do you think dragged? I was actually thinking of doing the fadeout before the blastbeat part at the end began. What do you think?

the part right before the blastbeat, so yes, that fadeout would be good.
Yeah I just changed it, much better indeed! Seems to be a more fitting end to the song.
It's crushing, blasting, bleeding, and smashing!!! Please, please, PLEEEEEEASE don't ruin it with a bunch of lame ass screaming! It's pure angel hate.

I WANT TO SLIT THROATS, WHEN I LISTEN TO THIS! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
in my opinion this song is very boring. it's literally trem picking the whole time. this song could really use some more rhythmic riffs. sudden stops and starts of the guitar is what makes a song headbangable. keep working at it!
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Unfortunately I have to agree with FishStik in that the song is a bit boring as it is now. Vocals will help a lot with that though. And like FishStik said, some rhythmic riffs would be cool, maybe in between vocal parts. Or add a solo or something.
Uploaded a new version, now with bass, ends earlier and is refined in certain aspects.

Well, with all due respect Jangster and Fishstik, black metal isn't supposed to be headbangable. The intention is to create a certain atmosphere. And indeed, I'll be doing vocals soon - as it is now, the riffs in the middle are essentially "placeholders"; later on they will serve merely as a backup to the vocals. Perhaps you guys just aren't fans of black metal.

The riff before the end riff is rhythmic, as is the end riff which I did not do straight tremolo picking for.

Thanks for the comments anyways!
Point taken, and yeah I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of black metal so my opinions might be biased. And anyways in the end it all boils down to whether you're happy with it yourself. Stay true to your own vision and it's all good.
I know absolutely nothing about black metal but I liked the song. I felt like there was a too much trem picking though.
the recording doesnt sound shitty enough.... what did you use to record? also put some blast beats in their. and when you add vocals buy a bad mic to make it true kVlt black metal. lol. please note that this is constructive critisism. im not trying to be a wiener.

check out my videos please

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235877
I think it sounds "shitty enough". It's a Jackson DK2, with a Line 6 Spider II amp (lol) plugged directly into my 90's soundcard. The drums are from Acoustica beatcraft. If you want it to sound worse, record it to a tape or something lol.

There are blast beats. I just didn't want to overuse them. I found mid paced beats much more suited to it anyways...I was going for something inspired by Graveland, Drudkh, Burzum, etc.
I think you've done a good job on this, I used to record guitar that way, haha, turned out a lot better than I thought it would. The guitar tone you've got on this works just right for this kind of stuff. I love how much clarity you've managed to keep in the mix despite such saturated distortion. Some of the riffs in this are great too, there is the odd one that's a bit less inspired but vocals will have those bits sounding interesting in no time! Anyways, I'm just glad you're not going down the trademark kvlt route, this is a bit more fresh and interesting to my ears.

All in all, good job, I really like the 'ambient' feel you've achieved here!

If you get the time to leave a comment on mine, At the Mercy of the Cruel Sun that'd be much appreciated
My Bands

Latest Original Recording