I like some of the growling, but anybody with even a sliver of musical knowledge and talent knows that the only reason that's all that you do through the whole song, is because you suck at singing.

Note to everybody... growling, moaning, and screaming will never... EVER... EVER be able to replace actual SINGING.

There is no difference between rappers who rap because they can't sing worth shit, and metalhead dickwads who are just growling/screaming idiots who growl and scream, because they know they can't sing worth shit. Rappers/growlers/screamers... you're not fooling anyone... we all know you suck at singing, which means we all know that YOU know you have zero lyrical talent.
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by ZigZag0420
I like some of the growling, but anybody with even a sliver of musical knowledge and talent knows that the only reason that's all that you do through the whole song, is because you suck at singing.

Note to everybody... growling, moaning, and screaming will never... EVER... EVER be able to replace actual SINGING.

There is no difference between rappers who rap because they can't sing worth shit, and metalhead dickwads who are just growling/screaming idiots who growl and scream, because they know they can't sing worth shit. Rappers/growlers/screamers... you're not fooling anyone... we all know you suck at singing, which means we all know that YOU know you have zero lyrical talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN74dEaD08A

Be more ignorant.

I'm not saying that every vocalist who growls/screams has a great singing voice, but you can't make generalizations like that so easily.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN74dEaD08A

Be more ignorant.

I'm not saying that every vocalist who growls/screams has a great singing voice, but you can't make generalizations like that so easily.

Ignorant? Bullshit. Growling and screaming is like pepper. It's good to spice a song with it, but it shouldn't be the WHOLE song, just like I wouldn't eat a bowl full of pepper.
LOL ****WORDS, DEAR READER

Take your horsey shit soapboxing elsewhere. This forum is for critique, not preaching.

To OP:
Sorry to be blunt, but the growls are pretty... bad. The good part of this is that in the tiny section where you are singing, you are projecting at least a little bit, which means you have at least an idea how to do this properly. Look up some actual singing and death vocal tutorials online; with practice you can learn how to control your diaphragm and do this vocal style correctly without hurting your vocal chords permanently. As for the recording itself, why are the vocals and guitar panned to one channel (doesnt sound too good)? Also, lyrics would be nice since death vox are usually almost impossible to understand. Keep practicing.
I know there's going to be a shitload of dorks who answer me with a bunch of, "It's a personal choice!" crap........ yeah no shit, sherlock.

I just think a song should be molded around meaningful lyrics, and you can't convey meaningful lyrics with "RRRRRRRRRAAAFHFHFHFH RRRRRAUAAAUAUAFGHGGHG!!!!!!!!" You're screaming, because you can't sing, and most BOYS from 13-25 wouldn't know a good song from a hole in the ground.
Quote by ZigZag0420

Well growling isn't meant to replace singing dickwad. It's just a different vocal technique which I am quite aware of. I'm also quite aware that it is a technique I am not good at as this is literally the FIRST song I've EVER even attempted to use it in. And also how the hell would you even know that I can't do anything else? I've written many songs, and more than not of them had no screaming, and weren't anything like the genre displayed in this recording. Not that I'm ashamed of this song, the song sounds the way I meant it to sound. So why don't you stop being a douche and be at least slightly constructive?

Quote by Will Terhart
Take your horsey shit soapboxing elsewhere. This forum is for critique, not preaching.

To OP:
Sorry to be blunt, but the growls are pretty... bad. The good part of this is that in the tiny section where you are singing, you are projecting at least a little bit, which means you have at least an idea how to do this properly. Look up some actual singing and death vocal tutorials online; with practice you can learn how to control your diaphragm and do this vocal style correctly without hurting your vocal chords permanently. As for the recording itself, why are the vocals and guitar panned to one channel (doesnt sound too good)? Also, lyrics would be nice since death vox are usually almost impossible to understand. Keep practicing.

As I've said, litterally, the first attempt, and the panning issue is due to the mic, I have an interface buy my friend has it right now, and some reason when I plug the mic in directly to the mic jack on the computer it only records on one channel. Thank you for not being a jackass like the first poster after reading that I was expecting a thread full of flamers. and I posted the lyrics with the song.

also about the vocal technique, I've been learning the technique through online videos and I thought I was using diaphragm, but I guess I'm not then, do you have any videos in particular you would reccommend?

Quote by ZigZag0420
I know there's going to be a shitload of dorks who answer me with a bunch of, "It's a personal choice!" crap........ yeah no shit, sherlock.

I just think a song should be molded around meaningful lyrics, and you can't convey meaningful lyrics with "RRRRRRRRRAAAFHFHFHFH RRRRRAUAAAUAUAFGHGGHG!!!!!!!!" You're screaming, because you can't sing, and most BOYS from 13-25 wouldn't know a good song from a hole in the ground.

Well thats funny, I don't think anyone gives a **** what you think a good song is. Just an observation, maybe I'm wrong. Should we take a poll just to make sure?

EDIT: now that I got my last words in I've reported you for flaming like a ****ing jackass.
Last edited by goregoregadget1 at Nov 26, 2009,
I criticized his music as being lame for its growling/screaming content. That's not a flaming personal attack on him, MaryMaryGadget. It's a musical criticism. Not that you would know what music is.

Keep on growling and screaming, DoucheDoucheGadget. Anybody with any musical sense knows that that kind of music has made little musical impact in the world, does not make any musical impact on the world, and never will, because the people who have even the slightest sense of what musical talent means, know that growling and screaming means you just don't know how to sing. Period.
My point is that screaming and growling has done what? It's done nothing but put rock 'n' roll on life support, barely breathing.

Congratulations. Your screaming "technique" (hahaha), has ruined rock music. Whoop-dee-doo.
Quote by ZigZag0420
I criticized his music as being lame for its growling/screaming content. That's not a flaming personal attack on him, MaryMaryGadget. It's a musical criticism. Not that you would know what music is.

Keep on growling and screaming, DoucheDoucheGadget. Anybody with any musical sense knows that that kind of music has made little musical impact in the world, does not make any musical impact on the world, and never will, because the people who have even the slightest sense of what musical talent means, know that growling and screaming means you just don't know how to sing. Period.

I am glad that you are so holy and all knowing to be able to decide what is and is not music. and fair enough you can have your criticisms, that is your right, but I feel it's slightly disrespectful to say to someone who has studied ALL types of music, has played MANY types of music, and has written MANY types of music, that they don't know what musical talent is, and that I wouldn't know what music is all because of one song?

That being said, I am not recalling my initial labeling of you as a prick, because whether you like screaming or not, the use of that technique does not mean that the vocalist couldn't sing, and it's quite ignorant to state otherwise.

and from the sounds of it, the only music you've been exposed to with screaming is stupid screamo or xcore shit.
Last edited by goregoregadget1 at Nov 26, 2009,
ZigZag you're really ignorant and conceited. There is no set definition of what is real music, and as we all know, music changes over the years. You can cry that you don't like music that is all screaming all you want, but in the end, you're just a bitch arguing an OPINION as if it was FACT.