I need to find a list of relatively affordable short scale basses (around 30") to give to my student to look at (he's between 8 and 9 has borrowed the school bands short scale and struggles too much with a 34" scale bass). All I've found as of now is the Greg Bennett Corsair. Could I ask the bass forum for help in this matter?

He won't regret having a short scale bass down the road either because he can play his fathers basses when he can handle the scale length.

Thanks in advanced!
I am me. Live with it.
I know Ibanez make a few short scales

and the Squier Bronco
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Last edited by BamaBlues at Nov 26, 2009,
I've owned an Ibanez AGB200. Nice short scale bass, but not with a typical bass sound. It was a semi-hollow, so it gives a very distinct sound.
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
I'd say the Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro would be a good bet. 28.6" scale length, P/J pickups, and only $170
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
I'd say the Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro would be a good bet. 28.6" scale length, P/J pickups, and only $170

This is exactly what I would recommend.
I believe Epiphone does have an SG style short scale bass. Flaws aside(neck dive, muddy pickups), it won't break your/your student's bank.
Hi.
I know a company called Memphis makes short scale basses. I got one today for free from Kijiji, heres my NBD thread about it. lol. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236365
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
The best short scale bass I've played is a Cort Action Junior, Great tone from the single soapbar and a very fast neck, there's one sitting at my place right now, my sisters. She's 9 and she's as comfortable playing it as i am, and i'm 6'2'
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
flea bass do short scale basses
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Double Basser
The best short scale bass I've played is a Cort Action Junior, Great tone from the single soapbar and a very fast neck, there's one sitting at my place right now, my sisters. She's 9 and she's as comfortable playing it as i am, and i'm 6'2'

I shall be sending info on this and the Ibanez then!

Thank you all for sharing your collective knowledge.
I am me. Live with it.