So I'm looking to expand my pedalboard a little and I have around $300 to spend. I'm looking really thinking of buying the Digitech whammy, but I'm also looking at delays, flanger, phaser, wah, pretty much any kind of modulation.

I play a lot of RATM, which is why I'm looking at the whammy. Any suggestions on solid pedals around $100 give or take a little? Also, the wah would be used in all situations, so versatility with the wah would be key.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
If you want a versatile wah, the Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q is your match. Either that, or Rackmount. If you want less price, but sacrifice versatility, try the 95Q.

What pedals do you already have?

Also, Digitech Whammys=Awesome. I have one. I use it quite a bit. Even if it is just for the Detune Feature.

Oh, lastly, Your ordering online I assume. Prince George is a terrible place.
Try Axemusic.com
They don't have the 535Q last time I checked.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
If you want a versatile wah, the Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q is your match. Either that, or Rackmount. If you want less price, but sacrifice versatility, try the 95Q.

What pedals do you already have?

Also, Digitech Whammys=Awesome. I have one. I use it quite a bit. Even if it is just for the Detune Feature.

Oh, lastly, Your ordering online I assume. Prince George is a terrible place.
Try Axemusic.com
They don't have the 535Q last time I checked.

Sorry, forgot I took my pedals out of my sig. I own a Big Muff, Small Clone, MXR Dyna Comp, and ISP Decimator.

I've used AxeMusic before, but it's usually where I go after I do my research because I find their site is unorganized and hard to navigate compared to MF. The Whammy is cheaper by a significant amount on MF, so it looks like I'll be ordering from them, I still have to check out lamusic.ca, but I'm still looking for suggestions before price search.
Whammy, Looper pedal (i recommend the Digitech JamMan), a harmonizer like the Digitech HarmonyMan... maybe a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
If you're into RATM, a good digital delay is a must-have too. Tom Morello also uses a tremolo pedal from time to time.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
If you're into RATM, a good digital delay is a must-have too. Tom Morello also uses a tremolo pedal from time to time.

which pedals though? I tried out a Boss DD-3 and couldn't get a nice delay sound to save my life.
That depends entirely upon what you consider a 'nice' delay sound. Lots of people consider the DD-3 to be really 'cold' and 'sterile' as opposed to an analog delay, which is supposed to have 'lush' and 'warm' repeats. Check out the Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy or Deluxe Memory Boy when it comes out.

Otherwise consider the Tech 21 Boost DLA and the Hardwire DL-8. They're both digital, but have more organic sound than the DD-3.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
That depends entirely upon what you consider a 'nice' delay sound. Lots of people consider the DD-3 to be really 'cold' and 'sterile' as opposed to an analog delay, which is supposed to have 'lush' and 'warm' repeats. Check out the Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy or Deluxe Memory Boy when it comes out.

Otherwise consider the Tech 21 Boost DLA and the Hardwire DL-8. They're both digital, but have more organic sound than the DD-3.

I think I like the more organic sound, because I was messing around with a MXR Carbon Copy and having no issues finding a usable delay sound. So I'll look into those "orgaic" digital delays, because I think I need the versatility of the digital.

Any other opinions on Wah pedals? I'll probably be using it more so for alt-rock and shoegazing more so then Metal, but I would like it to be usable with decently high amounts of gain.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Any other opinions on Wah pedals? I'll probably be using it more so for alt-rock and shoegazing more so then Metal, but I would like it to be usable with decently high amounts of gain.

Ay mate. Sorry I'm abit late in the game. I do have some advice on the wah though if you can solder a little. Get a Dunlop Crybaby Original. Now, if I stopped there, it'd be bad advice. The very limited, closed sounding sweep is really what the disappointment for me is in this pedal. It's also buffered bypass (not always bad, but not ideal most of the time). Then go here. Personally, I removed the entire buffer and hooked in a DPDT switch (i didn't use an LED). Then scroll to the bottom and choose from the buffet there. I recommend the adjustable vocal mod. It says trimpot, but I used a 100K external pot. Also, the mids boost to a 2K is great. That smooths out the sweep abit. Once you boost the bass with a 0.022uF in its respective place, you've got yourself a pretty darn good wah for well under $100.

Lemme know how it goes,
Drav...