PODxt
2 17%
POD X3
9 75%
Something else... (please specify)
1 8%
Voters: 12.
Hey guys,

Need a bit of help making a decision regarding a POD purchase.

For the Line 6 hates… do you see the button that points towards the left, on the top left hand corner of your screen? Yes the green. Yes that one. Now push it.

For everyone else, due to some developments, I can't spend time at home practicising. Which means I can't plug into my Spider Valve, Krank Rev Jr Pro or even my Mesa Mark V. However, due to developments, I spend all my weekends at a medical facility now... and for the next few months. Which means no tube amp blasting away with the knob turned to 11.

I can, however, bring a guitar to log in up to 6 hours of practice a day.

So, with that in mind, I was thinking of getting a Vox Amplug... but when I thought of it again, I remember Line 6 having something similar in the Pocket Pod... then when I thought of it again, if I was going to get a Pocket Pod... I might as well get a PODxt since its not much larger. Naturally, when I thought of it again... the POD X3... is the same size as the PODxt, but with more features.

So, please tell me what to get:
Pocket POD?
PODxt?
POD X3?

Keep in mind, I'm only looking at these 3 for
1. their portability
2. Good tones
3. As an option to plug into the power amp section of my Spider Valve... since the PODs are of a better modelling software compared to the Spider Valve's firmware.
4. Generally good value for money (yes the X3 has helluva lot more amp models thatn the xt, but it's also pricier... and I'll only use some of the additional models and not all the newer amp models there)

Also, I understand that the PODxt uses the Vetta amp models... do the Pocket POD and the POD X3 use the Vetta amp models too?

I imagine that since the POD X3 came after the PODxt, it will also use the Vetta amp models, but the Line 6 site doesn't say anything about the Vetta amp models, can anyone confirm this for me?

So which should I get?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 26, 2009,
I was gonna say the x3 but since you said you don't need all the models, I would suggest you get the XT.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
The XT and X3 are your best choices. If you want to spend the extra for the X3 than do it, if not, you'll be happy with the XT for what you want.
Quote by Aditya_ram
Think about the Pod X3 Live

Dude... portability...

The medical facility will not have sufficient space to put a X3 Live unit and for people to move around haha.... tho I can get away with one of 'em kidney PODs.

Plus the Live is a lot pricier.

Quote by CatharsisStudio
xt pro :3

Rack-mount... not gonna happen with limited tabletop real estate.

I want something that will fit on a small bed-side table.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 26, 2009,
I love my Pocket POD.

It's a 1/3rd of the cost of an XT and can run on batteries, or you can build a car adaptor. It's basically a POD 2.0 on the go. The models on the newer ones are a bit better, but through headphones you're unlikely to notice. Also, an X3 has twice the footprint of the Pocket POD.

With my Pocket POD and my laptop I've got a recording rig I can throw in a backpack and use in a car.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
I love my Pocket POD.

It's a 1/3rd of the cost of an XT and can run on batteries, or you can build a car adaptor. It's basically a POD 2.0 on the go. The models on the newer ones are a bit better, but through headphones you're unlikely to notice. Also, an X3 has twice the footprint of the Pocket POD.

With my Pocket POD and my laptop I've got a recording rig I can throw in a backpack and use in a car.

OK, but as a reference tone... is the Mesa Dual Recto on the Pocket of an identical tone to the one in the Pocket POD?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )