as some of you have seen, i recently posted up looking for other online places to find a peavey wolfgang special other than craigslist, and ebay ... upon searching for them i stumbled across the charvel san dimas guitars (the ones that are the fender strat style). i like how they are a bare bones guitar with two humbuckers a floyd rose, and single volume knob ... thats the exact reason i want a wolfgang special because of the simplicity. anyways i was curious how these compare to a wolfgang in terms of playability? how are they neck profiles on them ? the guitar is going to be used for hard rock/ and minimal amounts of nu-metal i guess you would call it ...
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
All the Specials I've played weren't worth the price they've been climbing to lately. The Standard I played had a much nicer neck and overall quality of workmanship over the Special. The Charvel destroys it on all parts IMO
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You can't go wrong with Charvel. Amazing quality, and some of the sexiest guitars on the market in my opinion. Did I mention amazing quality?

My friend has a San Dimas, and I've considered killing him during the night so I can take it .
awesome thanks matrixclaw .... i know what you mean about the differences in the special and the standard ... i have a wolfgang standard but am gonna be gigging again soon and dont wanna "ding" it up. i figured i could find a wolfgang special for cheap and still have a guitar of the overall same feel... but you are exactly right on the price which is why i was thinking of the charvel over the wolfgang special ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by Matt420740
You can't go wrong with Charvel. Amazing quality, and some of the sexiest guitars on the market in my opinion. Did I mention amazing quality?

My friend has a San Dimas, and I've considered killing him during the night so I can take it .

i know it sounds plain but a solid black san dimas with the maple neck/fretboard is just pure sexiness in my opinion ... the only thing i would do would be to swap out all of the black hardware for chrome, but that isnt something that needs to be done right away

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MatrixClaw
All the Specials I've played weren't worth the price they've been climbing to lately. The Standard I played had a much nicer neck and overall quality of workmanship over the Special. The Charvel destroys it on all parts IMO

+1

Standards are the way to go imo
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
i found this one for 750 shipped to me .. what you guys think ::

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Yeah that's a pretty good deal. You should also consider the Gary Kramer Crusader Deluxe http://www.garykramerguitar.com/CrusaderDeluxe.html With the extra bucks you save, you can upgrade to any pickups of your choice if you need to. Or if you really want to go simple and you could go for a http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/bc-rich-gunslinger-electric-guitar-yellow.html.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .